Troubleshooting the Wiki (all new editors read this first please)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#201 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: I've already fixed the past issues you added redundant issue titles too. I also replaced your cover for Tales of Jerry #4 as the whitespace looked bad.

For the default image it has changed, you can add the image to the publishers Gallery page via the Gallery tab on the page but you need to make a request in the Default Image Request thread here in E&T as only mods and staff can do so, if you created the publisher page though you should be able to add the default image after it is made since you would be the creator, just upload the image to the gallery and you should see a button for making the image default above/near the save button. The 5k point level unlocks making covers default on issue pages but does not cover defaults anywhere else.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By Youmika

I have a question: it states (in the first post of this topic) that:

3. TPB's and HC's are to be the same volume page unless they include new comic material i.e. re-releases with added issues, new printings still count as the original volume just add the new cover (unless it has new comic material).

Does this mean that when I want to add (for instance) Lost Boys - Reign of Frogs (which has no extra material) to the cvdb that I add it to the volume name that already exists for the loose comic editions found here. Do I then add it as an issue which contains all the previous issues or? I ask this because I see a lot of tpb/hc that have their own volume pages.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: your links don't ever seem to work. Anyways trades are never merged into the issues they collect so Reign of Frogs would be two volume pages, one for the mini-series and one for the collected edition, now if both a softcover and hardcover existed for the collection then they would be merged together if they had the same comic content.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper You're right they don't work (never checked them b4). I think I know what I did wrong (I copy pasted the links, that doesn't work), bit stupid of me because it actually says 'tis but a barren landscape'. Will do it right in the future.

And thanks for the information. Will upload Reign of Frogs in a jiffy.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: if that description is an official solicit it needs to be in italics.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Youmika

@pikahyper: Done

Also I noticed some white lines around the 1st issue of the lost boys is that something I can fix?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: if you mean the cover for the first issue of the mini-series ya technically you can download the cover and crop out the whitespace or you can replace the cover.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question:

There's a comic called, Brujerias, it ran for 129 issues, then got renamed to Hermelinda Linda. Everything about it is the same (creator, writer, artists, publisher, head character) do I still make a new volume and continue the numbering beginning the new one at 130 and explaining in both volumes that their linked? (I think it is but want to make sure)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thank you for letting me know. I'll get on it when I wake up again.

I have one more question. I came across Willy and Wanda: The Iron Flowerpotters. This exact series is called Suske and Wiske (in Dutch) there are no extra's in the foreign issues, should the foreign issues be different volumes or set in the Dutch volume (Suske & Wiske) as one with a different cover?
If it needs to stay in different volumes would you please change the name to just Willy and Wanda. That is the basic name of the comic, the rest always changes with every issue. I will add 7 other issues (for Willy and Wanda) tomorrow.

This series is especially prolific in trying to get a foot on the ground in English speaking countries. They've changed the name of the main characters several times, from Willy and Wanda, to Bob and Bobette (after the French titles) and the latest incarnation sees them as Spike and Suzy. They've brought out several books with the different names, that's why I ask about the volumes.

Thank you for all your help by the way, I really appreciate it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: what language is Iron Flowerpotters in? Generally we don't merge different language editions so there would be a Dutch volume, an English volume and a French volume unless the original Dutch publisher is translating it themselves and then exporting to other countries.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Iron Flowerpotters is in English, the Dutch version is this one: Suske & Wiske #145 - De Stalen Bloempot. The Dutch publisher is Standaard Uitgeverij, the other countries are different (all of them).

+ I'm Dutch myself and I had trouble finding the issues (actually thinking they weren't on the website) I found that the problem was that they're called 'Suske & Wiske' (here) and not 'Suske en Wiske' (which is the name on all the 326 issues). I'd like to ask if you would change that for me.

I'll start different volumes for the different languages.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: renamed it, I'll be watching for errors so if I see any problems I'll let you know.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Excellent, thank you. I'll get on it now and start with Willy and Wanda.

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I've been gone for a few months and everything is changed. What the heck happened to the galleries? Where's the folders? It's impossible to find anything in the Marvel galleries when it's all lumped into one generic Earth 616 folder. And can we not delete images from galleries anymore? I couldn't find a delete key. :(

Also, Xerox Kitties Guide to Galleries link is broken in first post.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 pikahyper  Moderator

@rheged: welcome back :) folders are still in galleries, they are just called tags now, same general use though, as for deleting images that is a mod and staff only ability now.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper Just wanted to run something by you before I started :)

I've just added De Rode Ridder (blue covers) to the website. These are the b/w versions (earlier) versions of the silver cover series which was in full color. Not all the blue covers were remade into silver (and full color) editions. All the interior is the same.

Q: Do I make a new volume with all the silver covers (currently runs to issue 240) or do I just state in De Rode Ridder that the colored edition has a new cover and add the silver cover to the original (blue) covers (up to issue no. 106) and just keep on counting and adding issues to this one).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: if the content is the same just add the silver covers as variants and then add a note to the volume description describing the covers and for which issues they were released for so no new volume.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thank you for your quick answer. No differences except they're in color. Cover's aren't even different except for the coloring. I'll ad them to the same volume. Thought as much but just wanted to make sure :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: Newer editions just get merged in and their covers used as variants, less dupes that way :)

Radie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#222  Edited By Radie

6. Do not add story arcs to TPB's, Hardcovers or foreign comics, instead add them to the appropriate section on the story arcs page.

I recently ran into this problem (as well as one a wierd one about "branding", but thats an entirely different topic)... I like this advice, but I cant seem to find what you mean.. Where on the Story Arc page to I add TPB and Sketchbooks?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@radie: page 1, story arc section, there is an example linked to and as it says you add an h2 header for the type (Collected Edition, Related Item or Non-U.S. Edition) and then an unordered list in alpha order with links.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Youmika

Question: I just added Hara Kiwi #1 to the website. This is the Belgian issue, there's also a version for the Netherlands with a different cover. Internally they're almost the same apart from a couple of comic strips referring to Belgians have been replaced for comics about the Netherlands. Do I add a separate volume or do i add it to the volume that already exists and call it Hara Kiwi 1 - NL ? As far as I know and can find this is the only issue that has been separated into a Belgian and Netherlands version.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: if the comic contents aren't the same add it as a new volume with the same volume title unless they renamed it any.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a question. I've found some sexy comics do I need to censor them before putting them on the wiki?

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Grey indeed (or perhaps the 'black bar' area of the Vine :)

Thank you for the answer.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure where I should post this but here goes.

On the wiki page of Atlantis it's shown that the city of Atlantis also makes an appearance in two - non Stargate related - comic book issues of the JLA. I find this hard to believe and would of course be able to delete the Atlantis name from their respective wiki's but I'd want to replace it with the correct one and I don't know enough of the JLA to feel comfortable doing this.

Can anyone assist and help to correct the, what I believe to be, mistake? (or put me in my place :) and tell me it's actually correct).

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#230  Edited By JamesSpiring

I'm guessing the JLAs are supposed to be this Atlantis. DC Comics has nothing to do with Stargate.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: ya go ahead and move the appearances to the correct page.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digifiend: Thanks for the info :) I've changed both.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got some issues of Vimrod I'd like to add to CV, there are about 13 of them but they're not numbered. They each have a different name and are made with the same design standards. Inside they're named as being a series. They were published in 2007 and 2008. There is a list in the back that names them all in the same sequence in every book, should I use that as a reference and give them a number based on that? Or should I just make the issue name the issue number?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: I guess number them in the order they were released or the order they are listed on the back of the books if it doesn't change book to book.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pikahyper:

Apologies if this has already been covered before, but I've been away for nearly a year, so much has changed, and the forum's "search" function currently does not work at all. Question about galleries: Can they be changed by us anymore, or are they now set in stone unless a moderator does it? Some characters have vague or inadequate categories in their galleries and it would be good to be able to change or add to them.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 pikahyper  Moderator

@jetshade: you can add images and tags to galleries and re-arrange images, only difference is that you can't delete them now.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Jetshade

@pikahyper: Thanks, so how do you create a new tag (category) in a gallery? I can't figure that one out at all.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 pikahyper  Moderator

@jetshade: select the first image or all to add then you'll see a little widget that should let you add tags/comments in the bottom left corner, once done you just hit save.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Okay that worked, thanks. So how do you delete an unwanted tag/category?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 pikahyper  Moderator

@jetshade: np, welcome back, didn't feel like a year.

To delete one you have to put a request in in the Deletion Request thread in the Editing & Tools forum.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thanks, didn't feel like a year to me either. :P Can tags be re-named?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just went through some old The Mighty Thor issues and stumbled over this weird page of issue The Mighty Thor #426 - Aftermath!

No Caption Provided

There's a big black space on the page. I've never seen that before.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: that was weird, somebody must have tried to copy paste something in or drag something in, I took care of it.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By EMH_Bruce

Another Question: I searched the archive for Prime vs The Incredible Hulk #0 so that I could add it to my "Comics that I Own" list and noticed that my issue has a different cover, so I thought about adding it as variant cover.

But: a) my comic has an autograph on the cover and b) it is a wrap around cover.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can I still upload it despite the autograph?

And if yes, should I upload both images or just the merged cover?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: that's fine, add both, wrap first to third position then front to second position.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I did, but somehow they ended in the wrong order =/

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: to put things in order you have to add them one at a time, wrap first then front.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I went through Hulks team page and couldn't find the Bannervengers. When I looked for it, the page was still there, but all associations beside Spider-Man have vanished.

The wiki history says nothing was deleted, but the I know, the other members were there, when I looked at the page the last time.