Trade Paperbacks

asxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By asxz

Now that almost every issue of every series gets collected in a trade paperback, do we really want to include separate entries in the database for these collections?

I would say "no", but I'm keen to hear what you think. 

I'm not talking about comics that reprint earlier comics with new cover artwork.
I'm also not talking about original graphic novels (which should appear only once, not as separate entries for hardback and paperback).

I'm talking about graphic collections which exist solely to collate a mini-series or complete storyline.

This was kind of discussed before here: http://www.comicvine.com/submission-guidelines/12-40430/what-about-trade-paperbacks/92-19921/, but I don't see a real decision or conclusion.

Can we get a ruling please and make a decision about things like this:

Thanks.
asxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By asxz

Wow. Absolute silence. Impressive.

Any chance of a ruling?
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Gee sorry if I don't check every single post in the general discussion threads.  They're being allowed.  There are some that only get the trades.  They contain comics so they can go in the database.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

GNs, such as the recent Joker release should go on the database, since they were never released in single issue before. IMO putting other trades up is overkill. If they want the trades up, put them in the guide section.