This is probably the first time this has happened...

Avatar image for richard_s__preston
Richard S! Preston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

... but I'd like to request an unmerging of two characters!

I've been updating the Tarzan book Marvel put out in the 70's, and I've noticed that the Marvel character Abdul Alhazred has been merged with the entry on the Lovecraft character of the same name. Whilst I can see how this mistake could occur (as well as having the same name, they have the same nickname!) but they are definitely two separate people; Lovecraft's Alhazred was a poet from around the time of the Byzantine Empire, whereas Marvel's Alhazred was an early-20th Century slaver. David Kraft used the moniker for his villain as a tribute to Lovecraft, nothing more.

If there is a new entry for Marvel's Abdul, then I would suggest adding a link to both entries, explaining that these two characters are connected in name only, in keeping with the site policy on such characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a866cf8cdc22
deactivated-5a866cf8cdc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The reason it doesn't get requested is because that is something any user can do themselves, just remove the wrong info and put it on the new page (if it doesn't exist, make it). In fact, that's how I first started submitting to this site when I saw info was on the wrong page for two characters that had the same name.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Richard S! Preston:

@Uvula said:

The reason it doesn't get requested is because that is something any user can do themselves, just remove the wrong info and put it on the new page (if it doesn't exist, make it). In fact, that's how I first started submitting to this site when I saw info was on the wrong page for two characters that had the same name.

Pretty much just do this. Remove the old associations and add new ones. This happens all the time with characters from the public domain.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hmm, to add to the confusion, it seems that the original Abdul Ahazred also has appeared in marvel, in the mystic arcana series.

Anyway, my fault for thinking they were the same. New page