JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#151  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@guttridgeb:

I'm hoping that the Force page remains a concept. I think the idea, for now, is to do a preview in the Star Wars page and link to the main concept (I think. Don't hold me to that; we'll see what happens).

But why H4 and not H2? Have there been many glitches regarding H4? (aside from the fact that it blends in with normal text)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@jedixman: If you stick to H2 and H3, those can be scaled down to H3 and H4 when put under the H2 that will be The Force. I hope that makes sense and sorry, I should have explained that in my previous comment :)

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#153  Edited By X35

Graydon Creed - Earth-295 section. Wouldn't mind hearing some feedback, not too sure how to approach a character with a way more prominent alt counterpart when there's basically only one small section for it.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By fables87

Not sure if this goes on here or somewhere else. With cartoon carter that appeared before they were in comics, what should their company be? Like the Hanna-Barbera characters they have on here I noticed have various companies mainly because HB doesn't do comics. Do we do they're first appearance? The comic they appear in the most? Or what?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#156 pikahyper  Moderator

@fables87: A characters publisher should be whoever had the property currently or last, if multiple companies have it concurrently then it would be whoever has had it longest or primarily I guess.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Has the wiki task/reward system been phased out of existence? I ask because I just made object pages for Rexie and Jason Todd's Robin Uniform, both of which could be added to literally hundreds of Batman-related appearances........but I don't have the time to go through all of them.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#158 The Poet  Moderator

@citizenbane: yeah, tasks were not included in the update of the site. Maybe they will come back at some point, but not anytime soon.

Hopefully in posting here someone will see that they exist and add appearances. I'm not crazy about the name "Rexie" but I suppose "mechanical dinosaur in the batcave" is a mouthful...

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I know they are connected but should Entrigan and Jason Blood have separate pages?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 pikahyper  Moderator

@dernman: probably not, "they" are just like Hulk/Banner and Thor/Blake, sometimes they are separate characters but most of the time they are not so they just get one page.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman: probably not, "they" are just like Hulk/Banner and Thor/Blake, sometimes they are separate characters but most of the time they are not so they just get one page.

I can live with the decision even though Donald Blake does have his own page. :p

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 pikahyper  Moderator

@dernman: hmm thought someone had gotten rid of that

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: hmm thought someone had gotten rid of that

fesak decided to keep it since they're currently separated (or were for one recent terrible story where I cut off his head and made out with a slime monster or some crap...the whole thing made no sense...)... but people keep adding donald blake to old issues regardless.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but i came in here to say i'm done policing the avengers membership page...after a whole gaggle of hickman's ugly pretentious crap have been made members, i don't have the heart to even look at that page any more. so, expect within a week, a bunch of members will have added any character who's appeared on a cover to an avengers comic to be listed as a member...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: Thanos' brand new son made his first appearance in New Avengers #10, but he wasn't named in the comic. However, there was a leak from the Avengers Alliance game that revealed his name is Thane (must have taken some time to come up with that). Should I go ahead and make a Thane page or wait until his name is formally revealed in the comics? If Marvel decides to change his name at the last minute, I could just change the Super Name then.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 pikahyper  Moderator
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 pikahyper  Moderator

@citizenbane: Thane was officially named in the AR for New Avengers #10.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Yeah, saw that on BC. Apparently the AR hadn't been activated when the issue first came out.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 pikahyper  Moderator
EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#171  Edited By EMH_Bruce

I would like to know, what you think about the text to this Volume and the Issue in it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: looks ok, the dashes are unnecessary though and four words don't need to be uppercase: hardcover, issues, superhero and collection. Oh and the image should be right aligned and moved up.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Saren

The current Black Canary page covers both mother and daughter. Split and create a separate page for Dinah Drake?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 pikahyper  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#176 HigorM  Moderator

@pikahyper: can you help me with something?

In this bio, Avalanche, in the main tittle its said that "Avalanche has the ability to create vibratory waves that affect both inorganic and organic matter", but later on powers we have a conflicting information:

"It should be noted that Avalanche's powers usually have little or no effect on organic matter."

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 pikahyper  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 HigorM  Moderator
iMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently came across an anthology style issue which contains serveral stories within it. Each has a different series of writers/pencilers/etc. Would you simply just add them all to the overall anthology? Or add in the overview a table that lists them per story? Or both?

personally I'd prefer a table (both) that lists them in the story.. it helps me keep track of who did what and I can refer back to specific artists I really like more easily.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 pikahyper  Moderator

@imind: Generally we just add them as associations. If there are not a lot of creators for each store (3-4 tops) then just create an unordered list with an h2 header of Story Titles, list all the story titles followed by the credits.

pandataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Per renchamp's recommendation, I'm here to propose that pages be added for the following characters:

• Tenzin
  • Bolin
  • Mako
  • Asami Sato
  • Lin Bei-Fong

Reason: All of these characters feature in Dark Horse's Legend of Korra art books same as Korra herself, and the Avatar does already have a page on this site along with Vaatu, Raava, Wan, and Amon. Thus, I feel that pages for the other main characters in the series (all of whom appear in the aforementioned art books) should be made.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#186 owie  Moderator

I'm considering separating the Star Brand character page into two pages: one for Ken Connell, the original New Universe Star Brand (along with his alternate universe Kevin Connell variants), and another for Kevin Connor, the current 616 Star Brand.

I know that we normally only have one page for each character, and that all alternate universe versions of a character are just listed on the same page as the main version of the character.

I assume the reason they're on the same page right now is that it is assumed that Kevin is the 616 counterpart of Ken.

However, I would propose that Kevin is NOT the 616 version of Ken, they just have similar names (on purpose, obviously), and the same powers. However, lots of people have had the Star Brand powers, and from my point of view their different names is enough to mark them as actual different characters, and not the same character in two universes.

What does the community think of this? Are they different characters, or alternate universe versions of each other? I think it's a somewhat unusual situation. In support of my theory, I would note that the New Universe and 616 Nightmasks each have their own pages, perhaps because their different races (one Nightmask is black, one is white) makes it more obvious that they are different characters.

Tagging people who have points on the Starbrand page: @x35@blazingnova@last_guardian@king_hyperion@king_hyperion

MAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question that I think might fit here: I recently tried to edit the page covering the 1978 Nova volume. I submitted the last four issues, which are STILL missing from the wiki. They were all four denied. It's been awhile since I submitted anything like that, so maybe I missed something...? Just wondering why they were denied.

13xforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, my request for adding new issues was denied with the following reason from @pikahyper:

That's because it isn't out yet, new releases can't be added until the day before release, Humble Bundles don't count.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Why is it any different than being released on other platforms? The issue itself is finished and is present in other stores, with all the needed information, including cover, description, release date, etc.

And besides, if there's an official info on the item, why can't it be added beforehand? One would thought that having a new issue on release date is beneficial for other users, not the other way around.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@13xforever: It has been our rule for many many years not to add new releases early, maybe when you join a new site you should learn its rules and how they do things before complaining.

Also the issue is not "present" in other stores, the issue is not out until next week and for all I know the Humble Bundle version might have different pages in it, extra content or a different cover. When it comes to digital releases we only recognize a few sources as legitimate for use here and the Humble Bundle is not one of them (until a few years ago we didn't allow digital at all), the main reason being that they do release different covers sometimes and they often release stuff that is not available to the general public or stores weeks or months in advance. Now if they were releasing something exclusive that is not being released anywhere else then an exception would be made and it could be added which is the case with the Down collection which is part of that Bundle, another user wanted to add it and I let it through because it is not available anywhere else (In English) and once the editor has finished editing the page I'll add information about the Bundle so readers will know.

Edit: You also tried to add the seventh issue which won't be out for at least a month and you tried to add it with a pre-release cover which is also not allowed plus issue 7 isn't even included in the Humble Bundle, why would anyone let that be added?

Also this sentence "One would thought that having a new issue on release date is beneficial for other users, not the other way around." you would be agreeing with the rule, it does not go along with your side of the argument, new releases can be added the day before release and that does mean they are available for users on the day of release.

13xforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By 13xforever

I'm not complaining about Issue 7, that I can understand. But 6 is up on the ImageComics store. With the final cover. And what's the problem to update the cover post-factum if it will change for some reason? I thought this is wiki, and not a stone tablet.

And I can't see the logic behind holding the info until the release day (and ±1 day is not enough, it's always one day before or after on the globe).

It has been our rule for many many years

You say this, and all I hear is "someone said so, and so we do". This is a feedback corner. This is why I write here, so that maybe you might think again on these things.

I've been active on some other wikis for years, and rules everywhere make sense to some degree. This one is just makes no sense.

PS: if I were a common user, this first experience would've been enough to discourage me from contributing here permanently. Maybe you should be more transparent, helpful, and accommodating to a new people. Then again, maybe you're overflowing with the contributors, what do I know.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@13xforever: it is available for pre-order just like a lot of things that are not out, honestly why does it matter if something is added early? There is only so much information that can be added when the item is not out so at best the issue would exist here with the same amount of information that is available everywhere else and when something doesn't have useful information added what tends to happen? people speculate and rumor becomes "fact", this causes wiki pages to be edited with inaccurate information, do I think this will happen with the sixth issue of IXth Generation? not really it isn't that popular but if an exception is made for this one comic that got released early because of the Humble Bundle, which not all comic fans know about, other users will want exceptions made for a comic they want added early. The general rules set forth for this site were created by the site staff not the moderators, getting them changed is not easy and we rarely do it without ample cause. As for "someone said so, and so we do" that is pretty much how it is, this isn't our site, we just moderate it, the ultimate decision on what is and is not allowed on this site is up to the staff and the corporation that owns the site. You may not see the logic in the rule but all the rules we have are for a reason and comparing us to other wiki's just won't do, unlike other wiki's we have standards, very high ones because we want this wiki to be an accurate, legitimate and useful resource for fans, academia and the media, in the early days of the site the standards were much lower but now we won't compromise on them.

As for your "PS" your first experience here in this submission thread was not a comment, feedback or even a suggestion, it was a hostile complaint about something that never would have happened had you taken the time to go over even the basic rules of the wiki that are found in this very forum. With your previous wiki experience I would think you would have the common courtesy of seeing what our rules and guidelines are and how we do things here before attempting to edit the wiki, it would be rather naive for anything to think they can just sign up and edit the wiki in any way they feel like, every wiki has its own set of rules and guidelines that they expect to be followed and we are no different. And in regards to being transparent, helpful and accommodating to new people, we are, when it looks like they genuinely care and want to contribute, had you contacted me after the denied submission and asked me to elaborate on my actions I would have explained it to you just like I would to any new user that asks me or any of the mods here a question, instead of direct contact or even creating a new thread to ask you opted to post in an existing thread that is vaguely related to your post to basically pick a fight because you didn't get your way, it isn't a good start and it is a very bad way to try to get what you want or earn our trust. If I've read you wrong I apologize, if you genuinely want to contribute to this wiki I would suggest you go through our rules and guidelines and anything you don't understand or don't like or just have questions about go ahead and contact me as we can always use more contributors but if all you want to do is argue until you get your way I have much better things to do with my time like adding the rest of this weeks new releases.

Avatar image for doktralianzeron
DoktralianZeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'm a newbie, so what I say really doesn't hold much weight, but here goes:

For the most part, my submissions have been pretty 'hit and miss'. For some of us, we try and thus get feedback from the moderators and in some cases, the feedback is in the most general way. Also I've noticed that what works for one moderator, doesn't work for another. it seems like arbitrary, individual standards to me. My question is: where is the step-by-step 'How-To' page? And once becoming a moderator do you have rules to follow or it's up to you (not YOU! ...i mean generally speaking...) to be an A**hole whenever you want to be? I want someone to give me a sign or a clue! Can you help a brother out?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 pikahyper  Moderator

@doktralianzeron: We have the guides but there is no step by step tutorial, after reading the guides just look around the site at popular pages to get an idea of how things have been implemented and go with that. As for wiki moderators we have a set of rules in the wiki but we each have different levels of quality standards for what is added to the wiki.

A lot of the stuff your posting though looks very fan made so it is hard to judge, some of the comics you added and have been working on are also very indie and hard to find for sale online so our knowledge of this specific franchise you work on is limited, are you the creator of this franchise or just a fan? if you are the creator and can prove it that would go a long way to improve our trust of your submissions and you'd have fewer hurdles to jump over.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By JamesSpiring

I've just updated DC Super Heroes: The Flash, but I haven't added the most recent issue, because it's listed on the publisher's website as issue 12, but has #1 clearly shown on the cover. The cover's file name seems to refer to it as RB1 - it's the first DC Rebirth issue for that title. I don't actually have the comic, so I can't check the indicia (indeed, I'm not even sure that The Flash is actually part of the title, as the website lists it as just DC Super Heroes). I don't know if I should upload it as issue 12 or start a new volume.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#196  Edited By cloudguy

@JamesSpiring This one's a bit tricky, seeing as the other covers don't seem to display any form over numbering, apart from the first issue and the site information, I think it would count as a new volume. Unless you're able to find out what's within the issue it self, I would just create a new volume for it, then reference the other one in the main page for the volume.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 pikahyper  Moderator

@JamesSpiring: existing volume since the publishers site has it as part of the series.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've spent the last few days agonising over the wording and grammar of this plot summary and it's been driving me mad. Would anyone mind giving some feedback on whether or not it's any good? I'll be adding images to it once I've got them all sorted out.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: looks good for the most part, a few parts are a little weird:

• Alongside Bulk, they scouted out zones controlled by Drakkon and helping those in trouble.
  • In a moment of grief and anger, she sought after Drakkon himself, aiming to kill him for good.
  • She revealed herself to be a version of her from the “future” working alongside Lord Drakkon and is his Ranger Slayer. alongside Lord Drakkon as his Ranger Slayer
  • Accepting the offer, the Ranger Slayer wreaked chaos across Angel Grove in her Gravezord something other then "wreaked", sowed chaos, spread chaos, wreaked havoc, et al. across might also need to be changed
  • instead sent an android to convince Dr K he sent
  • warning of them of Drakkon and his goal. warning them
  • During the rescue, the Rangers and Coinless are ambushed by Finster- 5 and Ranger Sentries. - 5? seems out of place, are there five Finsters now?
  • they find a way to defend the Ranger’s Morphers form the Black Dragon Cannons from not form?
  • Army of Rangers face off against Drakkon’s ever-increasing Ranger Slayers. isn't it Ranger Sentries? sounds like there is only one Ranger Slayer.
  • saved his life when he was killed by Drakkon’sminus 's

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Fixed up the few typos and mistakes. I clarified During the rescue, the Rangers and Coinless are ambushed by Finster- 5 and Ranger Sentries. - 5? seems out of place, are there five Finsters now? I realise that it may come across as confusing to those who haven't read the comic.

This might just be me being stupid, but I'm not sure what's wrong with:

• Alongside Bulk, they scouted out zones controlled by Drakkon and helping those in trouble.

Thanks for the feedback, wouldn't have noticed the mistakes and typos without it.