#1 Posted by Starleafgirl (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking of adding some issues and/or modifying some issues, so should I be putting down the date that the issue went on sale or the month and year indicated on the comic itself, if they're different?

For instance, Loners #1 is currently listed as being June 2007. Now, I know Loners #1 came out in April... so should I -- and others like me modifying issue dates -- be going by the date that these issues came out or what?

#2 Posted by Bane_delete (828 posts) - - Show Bio

Uuuuuh i don't know let me find cap!

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

I always list the publication date listed inside the comic. That's the most official date you can get.

#4 Posted by fesak (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wondered why the publication date isn't the same as the release date. Anyone know?

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its all part of the industry. They all want the perception of getting things out early, so comics and magazines always put the "month ahead" date on the cover. It's like new cars. The 2008 models should be coming out any day now.

#6 Posted by fesak (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? That seems stupid.

#7 Posted by G-Man (39012 posts) - - Show Bio

PUT THE DATE IN THE COMIC please!!! Not the release date. So like most things coming out this week had JUNE. The only real exception is 52 'cause they list the actual date. I imagine Countdown will do the same.

Staff
#8 Posted by Starleafgirl (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

Rofl, okay, thanks, will do. ;D

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Really? That seems stupid."

I agree. It's always seemed like they're either trying to one-up each other, or just fool the rest of us when they fall behind in publishing.

Post Edited:2007-04-27 22:08:45