The 'HELP! Info Has Gone Missing!' Thread

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

Can a moderator/staff member restore lost info for a character's page?? 

Someone has sent me a PM informing me that information has gone missing from Wolverine's profile page.   Apparently, when someone added details about Earth-616 Wolverine, they accidentally erased everything else.  That includes powers, alternate realities, TV, film & game appearances, etc. 

However, that person who added all that detail forgot this little thing call FORMATTING!  Approximately 50% of the page is now one giant paragraph without any headers, sub-titles, images or links.   It will most likely give you a stigmatism or make you go short-sighted if you even attempt to read it.

It needs removing.  Or at least the old information about powers, etc needs restoring.  Please HELP!

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@xerox-kitty said:
" Can a moderator/staff member restore lost info for a character's page?? 

Someone has sent me a PM informing me that information has gone missing from Wolverine's profile page.   Apparently, when someone added details about Earth-616 Wolverine, they accidentally erased everything else.  That includes powers, alternate realities, TV, film & game appearances, etc.  However, that person who added all that detail forgot this little thing call FORMATTING!  Approximately 50% of the page is now one giant paragraph without any headers, sub-titles, images or links.   It will most likely give you a stigmatism or make you go short-sighted if you even attempt to read it. It needs removing.  Or at least the old information about powers, etc needs restoring.  Please HELP! "
It will get looked at by one of the wiki mods and i wonder if it was Accidently deleted, i have been told about a lot of deleting of others work going on on the pages. 

thanks for the info XK 
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't know enough info on Wolvie to re-write the page.  I've been slowly tidying up his galleries as there are a lot of duplicate images.  That's the only reason I appear as the second highest contributor to his page (it's also the reason why I don't think adding pictures should give you points). 

Also, I figured if anyone else found other problem pages, they could use this thread.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'll see if we can roll this one back
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By blade hunter
@xerox-kitty said:
"I don't know enough info on Wolvie to re-write the page.  I've been slowly tidying up his galleries as there are a lot of duplicate images.  That's the only reason I appear as the second highest contributor to his page (it's also the reason why I don't think adding pictures should give you points).  Also, I figured if anyone else found other problem pages, they could use this thread. "

well i said in that PM that dude sent us that iv got back up info for that page because other pages were getting deleted and because me and a lot of people had put alot of work into that page so i did'nt want it to go to waste but it worth a good couple of thousand points so im going to wait until i get the green light to put it in. 
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

you can also look at the wiki history to find lost info

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
@blade hunter said:

"well i said in that PM that dude sent us that iv got back up info for that page because other pages were getting deleted and because me and a lot of people had put alot of work into that page so i did'nt want it to go to waste but it worth a good couple of thousand points so im going to wait until i get the green light to put it in.  "

You & I were the only people included in that PM because we're top contibutors to that page.  It is only by chance that you have a back-up.  I've posted this thread because it is pointless leaving the page looking like a giant column of text.  Half way down the page it becomes one huge paragraph.   

I have seen threads like this before and the pages have been rectified with a roll-back.  That is why I made this thread, like I suggested in the PM. 

@jloneblackheart said:

"you can also look at the wiki history to find lost info "    

True, but comparing info is pretty difficult on a page the size of Wolverine's.  Also, this isn't my problem.  It was something that someone else PMed me about.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Hello, I was glancing on the Emma Frost profile page a few days ago to see if there had been any update. Well, there had been. The section on Dark Reign had been greatly expanded, but for some reason all pre-Utopia information had disappeared. It's not that this update was a bad thing, but there was no reason to delete all her past information into some kind of Cliff Notes version.