The Comic Vine Cover Replacement Team !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#1  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Updated 9/15/2012: Good idea, not enough volunteers, so locking the thread.

So basically I'm creating a team of users that would be willing to do cover replacements, I provide the photoshopped covers in zip files and the team add's them to the issues and makes the requests for the old ones to be deleted, not sure if this will work out but it's worth a shot :D

Generally I come up with which images need to be replaced but I'll take any suggestions from team members or the rest of the community, team member requests will get priority.

If a pack for a volume sits for long enough without a user taking it I will do it myself. If you volunteer to handle a pack it is the volunteers responsibility to upload all of the covers in the pack even if there are hundreds, each pack is a commitment so don't volunteer if you are not willing to follow through. Reply to volunteer for a pack and I will PM you the download link :)

Below you will find a self-explanatory table of volumes ready to have images replaced:

Volume Title# of Issues# of ImagesVolunteerDate Added
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

I've already approached some users and gotten volunteers that are willing to replace covers for issues they've already added or for types of comics they are interested in, these volunteers will get priority when packs are available but if they are unable to work on them they are available to the community to work on.

All cover images use a standard naming convention:

• Two to four digital numbering: 01 to 1000
  • Variants are marked by name or by letter: 01a, 01-2nd_print, 01-digital, 01-virgin, 01-sketch, 01-wrap, etc.
  • If an image is available as cropped and uncropped it will be marked: 01-cropped or 01-uncropped (when an alternative is available uncropped wrap covers should not be a default image)

Most of these images should be straight replacements for poor quality (look close some might be tricky to spot) or small covers but occasionally new covers that have not been added to an issue will get mixed in, those can just be added.

All packs will be zip archive files that can be opened using any archive extraction application or Windows Vista/Windows 7.

Check back often as packs will be updated regularly.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I won't be on much for the next two days (formatting my laptop) so all team members will be on their own :D Pretty sure you've all got the url to my packs folder so grab what you want but make sure you post in this thread letting the other members know what packs you are working on and when you are done.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Ha, some of these were uploaded by me and three volunteers? wawaweewa
BB