#1 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there an accepted policy for when to tag an issue with a really broad concept like "Golden Age" or "Silver Age?" It doesn't seem helpful to me to tag every comic published between 1938 and 1958 as "Golden Age," every issue between 1958 and 1970 as "Silver Age," and so forth. I've only tagged issues published during those time periods that typify the aesthetics of that period or are important in some other way, but I'd like to know how other people handle it.

#2 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you are using it correct, however there are plenty of point whores users who abuse the concepts to no ends.

#3 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC they can be added for issues that are published currently or some years ago when the issue deals with the ____ age. Such as paying a homage, it being set during that time or something else notable.

@fesak said:

Well you are using it correct, however there are plenty of point whores users who abuse the concepts to no ends.

LOL.

#4 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak: Ok thanks, just wanted to be sure I was justified in removing those concepts whenever they weren't really important.

@Remi: Hadn't thought of that, I'll keep it it mind in the future. In the issues I was editing, it wasn't the case, though.

#5 Posted by pikahyper (12429 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Did you know there is a trade paperback concept in use? I saw that last night and was like f!ck me come on !!! :P

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Just noticed that "Co-Feature" (i.e. comics with more than one story in them) is apparently a concept now. Who is doing this crap?

#7 Posted by pikahyper (12429 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi: I know who did that one, he creates a lot of useless concepts... Co-Feature isn't actually that bad but it needs to be renamed to Second Feature since that is its real name and it must be limited to those specific DC books that had the Second Feature branding cause it does make sense for that specific one to exist since some users could potentially like to know which books fell into the Second Feature program.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: As "Second Feature" it would make sense, since that refers to something very specific. But just to tag every comic that happens to have a second story in it...ugh.

#9 Posted by pikahyper (12429 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi: Agreed, I've added it to my to-do list, I'll rehabilitate it sometime in the upcoming week.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by RazzaTazz (9679 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper: TPB is an all right concept page.  I had a user ask me lat night what a TPB is, and on a comic site it makes sense to explain what these are.  But tagging them to issues is completely unnecessary.