Tackling Valiant characters

NaffyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NaffyDuck

After recently getting into the new Valiant comics, I was looking up a few of the character pages, such as Archer, Armstrong, Shadowman etc. I noticed there is no real consistency to characters that have multiple versions through being rebooted, especially as majority of the Valiant characters have different origins to previous, and obviously being involved in entirely different story arcs.

What is the general consensus on editing these wiki pages? Should it be broken down into two sections like 1992 Valiant and 2012 Valiant kind of how has been done with the Peter Stanchek page? Or is there a better way to tackle this issue?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@naffyduck: look at popular DC and Marvel characters, the majority of them have had multiple origins and versions and they show how to set them up.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@naffyduck: Well this a true reboot where all things previous no longer count.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@extremis: old versions are still important, just cause it is a full reboot doesn't mean the old data is no longer useful, in some ways it makes the old data even more important for users that decide to try the older versions.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@pikahyper: I agree, but as far as continuity it doesn't count. Valiant heads have said so themselves, as a user on here explained to me earlier.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@extremis: I realize it doesn't but we don't just include current information, if taken at face value your first comment made it sound like such info that was no longer "relevant" should not be on the page and that is not true and I did not want a response from a non-editor to mislead a new editor.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

The method I started using for Transformers characters you can see on Air Raid or any of the Constructicons. Basically I split them into two sections first Marvel and IDW Gen1, then IDW reboot. Everything else from Devils Due, Fun, & others are alternate versions.

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably 1992 Vol. 1 and 2012 as Vol. 2. I'm not even sure if I'm answering your questions sooo...