#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, this power is already pissing me off, having people switching pics back to what they were when the new one is better, for example, Death of the Endless.

That picture displayed now is from a comic printed 20 years ago, I purposely uploaded the most recent picture I have of her (still like 7 years ago) for better accuracy and made it the main image but someone keeps switching it back...

so in short, I'm complaining that Viners have the ability to switch main images cause they always switch it back to a worse choice -_-

#2 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a bug you need to put it in the bug report forum

#3 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not a bug?

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

this isn't a bug, its an ability Viners have been given and are now angering me by using it to put up images worse than the ones available

#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

someone change psylocke...that new exiles pic is a hot mess

#6 Posted by Darkchild (41328 posts) - - Show Bio

ill go ahead an change it Pix

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

you don't have to.

I personally don't love it, but someone else may be crazy about it
#8 Posted by Darkchild (41328 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"you don't have to.
"
Better?
#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"pixelized said:
"you don't have to.
"
Better?"
-_-

this is exactly what I'm complaining about

the displayed pic is supposed to be something recent, something that best shows the character at the present, so in other words, it was perfect the way it was...
#10 Posted by Darkchild (41328 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"pixelized said:
"you don't have to.
"
Better?"
-_-

this is exactly what I'm complaining about

the displayed pic is supposed to be something recent, something that best shows the character at the present, so in other words, it was perfect the way it was..."
Not really. That pic really didnt show Psylocke as Psylocke, it looks a bit dated but not too dated. I saw a pic that in my mind showed Psylocke off

I dont change many for the sac it pisses people off..which is evident
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Um actually that woman wasn't psylocke, hence the crimson dawn tattoo..

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

and very nice pic choice DC

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Um actually that woman wasn't psylocke, hence the crimson dawn tattoo.."
*coughs*

oh well, you could have just said that then :P

but I still think the pic should be more recent
#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

*runs in to make another complaint*

also whoever is changing displayed pics to something other than the comic book character itself should be thrown out on the street and beaten -_-

#15 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"*runs in to make another complaint*

also whoever is changing displayed pics to something other than the comic book character itself should be thrown out on the street and beaten -_-"
beats them
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:

also whoever is changing displayed pics to something other than the comic book character itself should be thrown out on the street and beaten -_-"
beats them"
pats Drifter on the head and gives him a cookie
#17 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:

beats them"
pats Drifter on the head and gives him a cookie"
YAY :D

eats the cookie.....

Wait, Is this Oatmeal Rasin?
#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:

beats them"
pats Drifter on the head and gives him a cookie"
YAY :D

eats the cookie.....

Wait, Is this Oatmeal Rasin?"

umm, only if your allergic to oatmeal raisin, seeing as you've already eaten it :D
#19 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said
umm, only if your allergic to oatmeal raisin, seeing as you've already eaten it :D"
Oatmeal Raisin is my favorite....
#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said
umm, only if your allergic to oatmeal raisin, seeing as you've already eaten it :D"
Oatmeal Raisin is my favorite...."
damnit! than its...your least favorite
#21 Edited by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said
Oatmeal Raisin is my favorite...."
damnit! than its...your least favorite"
My least favorite would be a poisoned cook........

dies
#22 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe a better solution would be that anyone with a high number of points (don't know how much it requires) choses an image to be changed and then it waits for aproval by any mod

just an idea

#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"maybe a better solution would be that anyone with a high number of points (don't know how much it requires) choses an image to be changed and then it waits for aproval by any mod

just an idea"
it requires 5000 I believe and it won't make a difference really, its soooo easy to get points nowadays that nothing will stop the people who to attain the privilege
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say that the mods supervising the image change by it going to aproval trial is a good idea lol but ok

#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I still say that the mods supervising the image change by it going to aproval trial is a good idea lol but ok"

oh, oops, missed that part :P

I guess that'd be a good idea as long as I'm the profile pic mod :D
#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4590 posts) - - Show Bio

Might as well just go back to having image changes done through that one thread if you're going to put it in the queue, at least there people can talk about it & come to a consensus if there's an argument. We don't moderate anything a user does after they get to 1000 points now. Personally I don't want to spend time wading through aztek vs whoever's battle to get the image they like set as default. Complain about it too much or abuse it & it'll go back to the way it was more than likely.

As for the Death pic, whats wrong with the one thats there now? Put the pic you want in the main body of the overview if you want it on there so bad or vice versa. The whole most recent image thing gets out of hand, Gwen Stacy's page should be her rotting corpse? We end up with Ms. Sinister set as Mr. Sinister's default, Red Hulk on the main Hulk page, so on and so forth. Thats the way some users choose what they want to set as default, personally I go with one that looks best.

#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"Might as well just go back to having image changes done through that one thread if you're going to put it in the queue, at least there people can talk about it & come to a consensus if there's an argument. We don't moderate anything a user does after they get to 1000 points now. Personally I don't want to spend time wading through aztek vs whoever's battle to get the image they like set as default. Complain about it too much or abuse it & it'll go back to the way it was more than likely.

As for the Death pic, whats wrong with the one thats there now? Put the pic you want in the main body of the overview if you want it on there so bad or vice versa. The whole most recent image thing gets out of hand, Gwen Stacy's page should be her rotting corpse? We end up with Ms. Sinister set as Mr. Sinister's default, Red Hulk on the main Hulk page, so on and so forth. Thats the way some users choose what they want to set as default, personally I go with one that looks best."
well, I just think the displayed picture should do its best to show the character as they are presently in comics while still looking like a good pic, I understand if there are some exceptions but the vast  majority should be the current character, sort of like how wikipedia updates there pics for comic book characters as a change happens in their appearance
#28 Posted by Shatterstar (4590 posts) - - Show Bio

Whens the last time Death was in a comic? 2003 according to what we've got. So if in her last appearance she wears a funny hat & a hello kitty tee through the whole comic, her default image should be Death in a funny hat & hello kitty shirt until DC has to use her again a decade later?

#29 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

(is Aztek)

well...*swears under his breath*...I don't know what to say to that...I guess you have a point and I should stop being bitter that someone else wants a different pic displayed on her page then

but still, some sort of moderation on the changing would be appreciated or some kind of restriction, idk...

*is defeated*

#30 Posted by Shatterstar (4590 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were aztek, I'd put the old image somewhere in the main body of that overview on the left side like medium sized somewhere that looks good, then set yours as default. Or you can fill out her overview some more & become top points getter & you get final say regardless of what anyone else thinks.

#31 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, top points getter gets the final say?? how does that work?

*goes to implement first idea*

#32 Posted by Shatterstar (4590 posts) - - Show Bio

If I remember right since we first got the default image setting ability that was the rule handed down from on high the mountaintop. As far as resolving a dispute goes if you're the top points person, I've no idea, never seen it anyone make a hubbub about it.