#1 Edited by wmwadeii (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

How does the new site order the issues? Date, order added, random? I can't seem to find a way to reorder them. And if there isn't a way then we will have to add a read order now.

#2 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by pikahyper (11909 posts) - - Show Bio

@wmwadeii: we can't re-order them any more it is automatic, the order is based on one of the dates, probably cover date and then when multiple issues have the same date it probably defaults to alpha for that sub-batch or by the order they were added to the wiki.

#4 Edited by wmwadeii (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm thats odd then End Times has them out of order. Guess I'll lookinto the dates.

#5 Posted by wmwadeii (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

So I did a little research, it appears it does go off of the Publisher date not street date. The problem comes when the site converted and made issues use the 1st as the Publishers date, or if somebody edits the page to include an exact date as publisher date instead of fuzzy. The second problem comes when there are multiple comics that are released inside of a story arc inside the same fuzzy month. They are then put in order by date, title, then # causing them to be out of order. IMO they should change the code on story arcs to use the street date since its an exact date and normally released in order. The only other alternative is giving us the ability to modify the order again.

#6 Posted by Renchamp (2353 posts) - - Show Bio

@wmwadeii said:

The only other alternative is giving us the ability to modify the order again.

I would be for this, especially in the case of arcs like Days of Future Present where not only is the order defaulted wrong by issue number, but the order to read isn't sequential in the first place, as the second issue of the arc is to be read after the third. (Odd, I know, but the issues explain it is due to late submissions.) Being able to edit reading order would be king.

#7 Posted by wmwadeii (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: Exactly, a lot of times we don't have a good reading order until the publishers list one or they release a TPB and that usually becomes the recommended reading order.