This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

Surely someone else has brought this up by now but I was wondering since Cyclops X-Men are separate from Wolverine/Storms X-Men should they have there own team page? It could be under Uncanny X-Men or maybe Extinction Team although I don't know if they will still be going as that?

#2 Posted by Veitha (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I think they should. The Security Recoon has a different page, so they need one, too.

#3 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4358 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if the new direction Uncanny X-Men is going becomes popular enough, then that's when this team should change their names to The Brotherhood of X-Men. After that they should get their own team page. IMO (+)

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait to see what the team goes by.

#5 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. I don't think that it's any more or less the X-men than Storm and Wolverine's teams.

It reminds me of when they first started X-factor, with the original team. Really, that book should have just been called X-men, or Secret X-men or something. Both teams were equally the X-men.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Do you think the Phoenix 5 page should be modified in to an Uncanny X-Men one?

@dangallant984: Yea they are both equally X-Men but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have separate pages, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers all have there own team pages.

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine: Do you think the Phoenix 5 page should be modified in to an Uncanny X-Men one?

Nah, think they should be kept separate.

#8 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: oh, team pages. For some reason I was thinking forum pages.. sorry.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

If this team does receive its own page, it better not be called "Uncanny X-Men". That's desecration of the highest order, for obvious reasons.

#10 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

They do have separate bases and ideologies. The problem is what they should be called.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Not a fan?

#12 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

If this team does receive its own page, it better not be called "Uncanny X-Men". That's desecration of the highest order, for obvious reasons.

..which are?

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (56881 posts) - - Show Bio

Get in here super wiki mod.
BB

Online
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Obvious reasons.

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@dangallant984 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

If this team does receive its own page, it better not be called "Uncanny X-Men". That's desecration of the highest order, for obvious reasons.

..which are?

Guessing Hurricane here is a big fan of Uncanny X-Men(the old runs) and not a fan of the evil Cyclopsneto team.  
Might feel it's disrespectful to the old teams bearing the title.  
At least that's what I'm thinkin' the reasoning is.
#16 Edited by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have a seperate page or at the very least on the X-Men page break it down to who is on which team.

#17 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

There's no way people won't get it wrong and start tagging old issues, and i doubt they're actually calling themselves Uncanny X-Men. If i got it correctly Cyclops' team think of themselves as the true X-Men. There's basically two factions that are X-Men while thinking the others are impostors.

Moderator
#18 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@dangallant984: Obvious reasons.

...which are?

@Decoy Elite said:

Guessing Hurricane here is a big fan of Uncanny X-Men(the old runs) and not a fan of the evil Cyclopsneto team. Might feel it's disrespectful to the old teams bearing the title. At least that's what I'm thinkin' the reasoning is.

Maybe we'll find out. But, given that Cyclops is the only member of the original team that still do anything, and Magneto was one of the main characters from the beginning, I think it's pretty legit.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Well, following from what Decoy said while taking into consideration that a team of literal Mutant Revolutionists, a group of people that don't even constitute a genuine heroic ideal, should not be called The Uncanny X-Men. That's more or less a household name at this point in time, which represents much more than this petty New Mutant Hunting scheme--of which, they are certainly not the proponent of.

#20 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: eh, I just don't think the X-men have to be the heroes to be the X-men. They're all pretty flawed, really.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13674 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there should be a separate page for the Extinction team but not for UXM.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak: If they end up calling themselves by another name what about then?

#24 Posted by Scantenii (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I am hoping this Villain Cyclops does not last and because of that I hope they don't need a new page. I really don't like how the character is written now. It would almost be better to kill him off; however, I would really like to see him redeemed more. Cyclops actions are making worse for mutant kind not better. Just asked the people from Wakanda. end rant.

#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (13932 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#26 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not?

#27 Posted by jhazzroucher (13932 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force and X-force were separated so should X-men and uncanny x-men and x-treme x-men

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Uncanny X-Force and X-Force do not have separate pages here on CV.

#29 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: On the contrary, considering nobody on this team actually fits the bill of what the Scarlet Witch was preaching to Rogue about during UA #1. They're all villains here, Scott being the least villainous, everyone else is more or less tagging along for the ride, including those new mutant rip-offs.

These lot are the worst, holding the most flaws.

#30 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I would say it's more that they're all anti-heroes, but otherwise I can't disagree with that assessment.

I don't personally agree with the way Cyclops is reinterpreting the purpose of the X-men either, I just don't think that makes them not the X-men.

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@fesak said:

No.

There's no way people won't get it wrong and start tagging old issues, and i doubt they're actually calling themselves Uncanny X-Men. If i got it correctly Cyclops' team think of themselves as the true X-Men. There's basically two factions that are X-Men while thinking the others are impostors.

Wolverine's team looks at Cyclops as a traitor, while Cyclops actually supports Wolverine's school (though he does see fit to have an alternative school). It's absurd to have them be separate pages, they're all X-Men.

Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers are all still Avengers yet have different team pages, I see no difference here

#33 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Making an Extinction Team page that would continue to represent Cyclops' team in Uncanny X-Men would be perfectly fine, but making a page called 'Uncanny X-Men' for a team would be more trouble than it's worth.

So that people who actually read the books would know the difference, but new readers wouldn't get confused. That does seem like an acceptable compromise.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27328 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Making an Extinction Team page that would continue to represent Cyclops' team in Uncanny X-Men would be perfectly fine, but making a page called 'Uncanny X-Men' for a team would be more trouble than it's worth.

So that people who actually read the books would know the difference, but new readers wouldn't get confused. That does seem like an acceptable compromise.

yea that would work

#35 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

If the team progresses to fill their "school" and roster then YES they do!

#36 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

To go back to what said: No! If the team perpetuates itself beyond a limited run, then perhaps, but we don't edit the wiki based on what might become, we edit based on what is. There is no reason to separate the teams at the moment, and this discussion is thus closed.

Moderator