Should Avengers A.I. Have There Own Wiki Page?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I mean they are completely different from the regular Avengers, with their own base, members and objectives?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: 12 issues, thats more than some other teams with a page like Unity.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: alternate version, it is a spin-off of the Avengers, alt's generally do not get their own pages, it get's mentioned here in E&T all the time. Also from what I've seen of the comic do they even identify as/call themselves Avengers A.I.? If they don't identify themselves as something other then the Avengers that would be another reason not to give it it's own page.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: There official title is S.H.I.E.L.D's Artificial Intelligence Division and they only have two less issues than the Avengers Unity Squad and they have there own team page.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Avengers Unity Squad is in 249 issues. If their official title is part of SHIELD then they shouldn't have an Avengers themed team page period, untag Avengers from all of their appearances and tag them with SHIELD. And since it looks like the series is ended no more appearances means it hasn't earned its own page.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: 249 appearances in foreign translations

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Also half those issues the unity squad is linked to are wrong like Amazing Spider-Man #1 and AvX? They weren't even a thing then.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: ok now you are just wasting my time, I said no, I gave the reasons, in short you want to create a page for an alt team using a name that they don't even official use who only has 12 total appearances and will most likely not have any more US appearances now that their series is over, we don't even give the Ultimate alt characters their own pages with thousands of appearances so no Avengers A.I. can't have a page.

Now if anyone else wants to chime in or has a different reason for this team to have their own page then they can chime in and I will consider it but right now I'm going to return to my much needed day off to read comics.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Whatever dude, your just being difficult for no reason but you're the boss.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: I didn't create the rule, I don't even like the rule but it is my job to enforce it, we are allowed to make exceptions if we think it is warranted but this one obviously isn't. I'm not being difficult, you just haven't given a good enough reason to make an exception.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator

@billy_batson: I've been reading 2 days a week for the past couple months, you didn't notice? Friday's and Sundays.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: I've been reading 2 days a week for the past couple months, you didn't notice? Friday's and Sundays.

I did notice that you've read more but don't remember noticing you read on Fridays too.

BB

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@billy_batson: yep yep, sometimes I read Saturdays too but not often. I'm trying to read more and start making a dent in my backlog but I keep starting more and more "new" series making my backlog even bigger, too much good stuff out there, at this rate I'll never catch up :/

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

No point on catching up with DC and Marvel, just read whatever you like.

BB

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pikahyper  Moderator

@billy_batson: well I do read whatever I feel like (but still in order) for non-Marvel and non-DC but for the big two I am a stickler for reading chronologically by release date. Occasionally there are things from the big two that don't fully tie in to the rest of the universes that I read ahead of time though like Power Girl and I'm gonna be reading Wolverine Max v1, Punisher: Nightmare and Joe Kubert Presents this weekend. With manga I just read whatever catches my fancy, I read an old one earlier and now I'm reading a brand new one, I just ordered 102 manga last night that I'll get over the next couple weeks.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By takashichea

Not my place to say anything since I'm not knowledgeable with comic books. When I face similar issues with concept wiki pages during moderation, I tell the wiki editor they can just make a personal list for the concept that won't be allowed in the wiki database. Same applies to location and object pages.