Series/Movies without comic counterpart.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I think that I or someone else may have brought this up in the past but I don't see the point of having series like Fear the Walking Dead or the Movie Jurassic World or Chappie. I know that they were added so that the staff could review them but it broke one of the rules in the TV show guidelines

Please keep in mind that the entire TV series as a whole (not just a few episodes here and there) must be comic related to be added and by comic related we mean based on comic characters or be the source material for comics.

I know things are different but the examples I gave only have a few things that could be added to the page. Fear the Walking Dead is a good example, only zombies and locations could be added to the episodes, and maybe it would be worth adding if they did a crossover with a character from the Main show, but until then I don't see a point of having it on the wiki. Especially if they have little to nothing to do with comics.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: two of your three examples are expansions of the franchises in the same worlds, that's primarily why they are allowed, Star Trek and Star Wars are prime examples of that.

Also rules don't apply to staff, it is their site and they will do with it whatever they want.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cloudguy said:

I think that I or someone else may have brought this up in the past but I don't see the point of having series like Fear the Walking Dead or the Movie Jurassic World or Chappie. I know that they were added so that the staff could review them but it broke one of the rules in the TV show guidelines

Please keep in mind that the entire TV series as a whole (not just a few episodes here and there) must be comic related to be added and by comic related we mean based on comic characters or be the source material for comics.

I know things are different but the examples I gave only have a few things that could be added to the page. Fear the Walking Dead is a good example, only zombies and locations could be added to the episodes, and maybe it would be worth adding if they did a crossover with a character from the Main show, but until then I don't see a point of having it on the wiki. Especially if they have little to nothing to do with comics.

how can they do a crossover in Fear the Walking dead ? Rick was in Atlanta and in coma for i think 6 months ? and fear the walking dead is set somewhere in California right ? , I know it took ateast some months and if not a year for the infection to spread

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@pikahyper I know that they are part of a franchise, but wouldn't that logic apply to a lot of shows even if they don't have a comic based on that show?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: indeed it would, doesn't mean it is wrong or bad.