Searching

kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By kaliforniaa

Ok, as many of you would know, the searches have changed over the years. It used to be where you could type in a term [example] "NOCTURN", then hit ENTER, and will get any results with that term. These days, when you type in the search term "SERUM", you get three results, but when you hit ENTER, you are directed to the first or highlighted page. When You can not even use the center button on your mouse to open each page in a separate window.

WHICH METHOD of searching would you prefer? Where you can go to one page and have many results, or where you have to hit each page one after the other, where you have to let the page load before you can start another search?

multiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By multiverse

I'm confused as to what you are talking about. I have not had any trouble with the current method of searching and like it just fine. BTW I typed serum into the search box and was easily able to go to Cat Master Serum, the third item on the list.

kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kaliforniaa

Compare the searches here to one at any other site that you can search. Once you hit enter, a new page appears with multiple results. On comicvine, when you hit enter, the first result on the list, or the highlighted item, is the page you are directed to. When you have multiple quests to do, for example, like the serum quest, 

WHICH METHOD of searching would you prefer? Where you can go to one page and have many results, or where you have to hit each page one after the other, where you have to let the page load before you can start another search
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

ComicVine's way of searching did take a bit to get used to but I wouldn't mind it using both ways, show the results as you type and have them clickable if it shows what you want and at the same time when you hit enter show search results on a new page.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Yumulu

I liked the old search method better because with the new one you can't simply open the page en click on every links to open different tabs.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Yumulu:  ya that is still a bit annoying for me cause if I don't know if what I'm clicking is exactly what I was looking for I have to search again and remember what I have previously clicked and that can get confusing when you've checked a bunch of pages and there are more then 10+ results. That is why I suggested having both, best of both worlds :P One thing I've noticed though is that I've been using the filters a lot more lately so I get more specific results, I just wish it remembered what I selected so I don't have to keep checking the box each time.
Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Yumulu

Almost completely off-topic but is there a way to browse for character that are not under any publisher?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_
@Yumulu Without having a name for the character? I don't think so.
kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kaliforniaa

The old method allowed both methods. It just took you either clicking on something from the pull down results, compared to hitting enter and being directed to another page with multiple results