#1 Edited by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this has been mentioned I was browsing the creators tab under the Wiki and recognized almost none of the creator names which was strange then I noticed it is all actors/actress and Hollywood movie nonsense. should someone who has created zero issues be featured on the Wiki as creators themselves just for portraying a character?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (28031 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that's how it is now; the new Wiki includes actors / actresses who have played roles in comic book movies.

I think. Mods, if I'm wrong, let me know.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools-2761/adding-actors-actresses-to-the-wiki-1450323/#21

#4 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I believe that's how it is now; the new Wiki includes actors / actresses who have played roles in comic book movies.

I think. Mods, if I'm wrong, let me know.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools-2761/adding-actors-actresses-to-the-wiki-1450323/#21

O.K....

......so we actually are adding them to the wiki as if they were creators. Horrifying. I would think the Creator Wiki button should lead to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and not Patrick Stewart and Ryan Reynolds. The Horror... The Horror...

#5 Posted by wmwadeii (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone: It does, but when the Engineers coded the new Movies section they used the Creator section as both "creators" and other "people". It would have been nice to have a new category added, or renamed. Similarly the new spots on the movies for Distributor, Studios, etc end up using the Publishers section.

#6 Edited by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything for the google hits.

However there needs to be links from those pages to movies otherwise there is no way to moderate this.

#7 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

It is kinda odd but they've technically created a character, in a way. :]