Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

Not sure if this has been mentioned I was browsing the creators tab under the Wiki and recognized almost none of the creator names which was strange then I noticed it is all actors/actress and Hollywood movie nonsense. should someone who has created zero issues be featured on the Wiki as creators themselves just for portraying a character?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

I believe that's how it is now; the new Wiki includes actors / actresses who have played roles in comic book movies.

I think. Mods, if I'm wrong, let me know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools-2761/adding-actors-actresses-to-the-wiki-1450323/#21

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

@jedixman said:

I believe that's how it is now; the new Wiki includes actors / actresses who have played roles in comic book movies.

I think. Mods, if I'm wrong, let me know.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools-2761/adding-actors-actresses-to-the-wiki-1450323/#21

O.K....

......so we actually are adding them to the wiki as if they were creators. Horrifying. I would think the Creator Wiki button should lead to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and not Patrick Stewart and Ryan Reynolds. The Horror... The Horror...

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

@turoksonofstone: It does, but when the Engineers coded the new Movies section they used the Creator section as both "creators" and other "people". It would have been nice to have a new category added, or renamed. Similarly the new spots on the movies for Distributor, Studios, etc end up using the Publishers section.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Anything for the google hits.

However there needs to be links from those pages to movies otherwise there is no way to moderate this.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xanni15

It is kinda odd but they've technically created a character, in a way. :]