RPG characters

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Just curious if the Vine allows custom characters to be uploaded? I play in some Marvel RPG games and have created some characters. Can those be uploaded even though they are not "official" Marvel characters?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

Shadow Stalker says:

"Just curious if the Vine allows custom characters to be uploaded? I play in some Marvel RPG games and have created some characters. Can those be uploaded even though they are not "official" Marvel characters? "

Into the encyclopedia?

Nope, sorry. They have to be in a physical comic-book to be adding to the database.

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Here's a follow up question. It appears that many people use their username as a custom character (in fact, it appears that this was the site creator's intent). If that is the case, you can only have one character. Is it allowed/encouraged to create multiple accounts, one for each custom character?

Reason I ask is, I think it would be fun to upload some of the characters I have created over the years both for posterity's sake and to share them with any other Vine members who might be interested.

I guess on that note, it would be even better to allow custom characters into the database because it has all those other fields (family, enemies, team, etc) to organize the characters. For the Publisher field, you could just have a Custom type. Comicvine could have it's own universe of characters interacting with each other! Of course, the downside to this is, it takes up space and space costs money so I understand if the site creator's don't want this.

Just my 2 cents!

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Just wanted to revive this topic.  Any thoughts on creating a "custom" publisher so custom characters can be added?  I would rather not create individual accounts for each character I have created because accounts don't have access to the Powers, team members, family members, etc that characters do.  Seems this would be easy to implement and be fun for those of us who RPG.  Thanks for the consideration!

Neji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Neji

Nope, your gonna have to make accounts like the rest of us lol

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Thanks for the response but my main reason for wanting this is to take advantage of all of the cool things that are available to characters but not accounts.  A character can be part of a team, have allies and enemies, list family, have a whole list of powers, track battle stats against other characters, etc, etc.  For an account you can have friends and enemies, that is about it.  Anyway, just throwing it out there as an idea for future enhancements.  I'd be interested in hearing from any staff members if they have considered this in the past.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Boken

i have atkeast 12 accounts so yea

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Stalker said:
"

Thanks for the response but my main reason for wanting this is to take advantage of all of the cool things that are available to characters but not accounts.  A character can be part of a team, have allies and enemies, list family, have a whole list of powers, track battle stats against other characters, etc, etc.  For an account you can have friends and enemies, that is about it.  Anyway, just throwing it out there as an idea for future enhancements.  I'd be interested in hearing from any staff members if they have considered this in the past.

"
you know you can make lists since the update right?
Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Lists?  I'm not sure how that would apply to getting access to all of the features available to characters.  Am I missing something?

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
Shadow Stalker said:
"Lists?  I'm not sure how that would apply to getting access to all of the features available to characters.  Am I missing something?"
If you go to a user profile page (could just as well be your own accounts; or even comics or comic characters, but that's not the point now) there should be a button "Add to list". It's a pretty cool function ^^
Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mer-Man

<--- has about 20 accounts all with bios :P