#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering, if you've been working on an edit for a while that's rather long, you want to put it on a specific page, but then that page already has some of the information that you're about to elaborate upon, is it okay to replace it with your own work?

Like, I've been working on this edit for a page for while that's rather lengthy, but then there it's covered in a paragraph in not a whole lot of detail.

I don't know if it's in the acceptable guidelines or not to replace someone else's writing.

#2 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"I'm wondering, if you've been working on an edit for a while that's rather long, you want to put it on a specific page, but then that page already has *some* of the information that you're about to elaborate upon, is it okay to replace it with your own work? Like, I've been working on this edit for a page for while that's rather lengthy, but then there it's covered in a paragraph in not a whole lot of detail. I don't know if it's in the acceptable guidelines or not to replace someone else's writing."

I've been wondering that too.

#3 Posted by Pussy Cat (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"I'm wondering, if you've been working on an edit for a while that's rather long, you want to put it on a specific page, but then that page already has *some* of the information that you're about to elaborate upon, is it okay to replace it with your own work?Like, I've been working on this edit for a page for while that's rather lengthy, but then there it's covered in a paragraph in not a whole lot of detail.I don't know if it's in the acceptable guidelines or not to replace someone else's writing."

Me too.

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're covering it in more detail and doing a better job of it (unless you tell us what page you're talking about and what you're putting in, we can't tell you so you'll have to decide if what you're adding is really better), I say replace it. You're saying the page covers some of what you wrote, so just replace the things you cover. Don't erase the whole page and put your work in if only some of it addresses the same material. You could also talk to the person that originally did the page (if you can figure out who did what).

#6 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"If you're covering it in more detail and doing a better job of it (unless you tell us what page you're talking about and what you're putting in, we can't tell you so you'll have to decide if what you're adding is really better), I say replace it. You're saying the page covers some of what you wrote, so just replace the things you cover. Don't erase the whole page and put your work in if only some of it addresses the same material. You could also talk to the person that originally did the page (if you can figure out who did what)."

Okay. Thanks!