#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there talk of making it so a user with a lot of points on a page could accept or reject submissions from other users on that page? Is anything happening with this or was the idea forgotten? Or, even worse, did I just make all this up?

#2 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought there was something about that in the tutorial video, but I'm not sure. Whiskey has robbed me of my once perfect recall.

#3 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah we're still gonna do that. And its gonna be a more important feature to have with each month we grow. I have most of the system coded, but need to really go over it before we unleash it. (It's been sidelined for a while)

Staff
#4 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a cool feature

#5 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, but if someone is in the head of submissions and do not want to give their spot to someone else, they can reject their submission, take the info, and make it like their own points.

#6 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Now only a villian would have thought about that just the way are minds work.

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha yea. I scared myself with that thought.

How can there be a way to fix that?

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon says:

"Yea, but if someone is in the head of submissions and do not want to give their spot to someone else, they can reject their submission, take the info, and make it like their own points. 1"

I think it would only be for people who have reached a certain level of trust.

#9 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the neutrals are neutral enough for such an important task.

#10 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I could see how someone could get peeved if they've put a lot of work into a page then someone comes along and adds inconsistencies to it

#11 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

If this does go through, I'd suggest it work for those who have like 500+ or 1000+ points on the character because if like someone has 1 point contribution on the character and they are the highest, and they don't check comicvine anymore it might be a problem.