Q: Characters or shared super-identities?

FrogNWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I've recently started reading the 1999 Birds of Prey volume, in which a character by the name of Katherine Spencer appears. At that time she is also the person who carries the secret identity Manhunter, which once belonged to several other characters (which also have individual pages, like Chase Lawler and Dan Richards).

My question is this: when is it proper to add Katherine Spencer to the 'Appears in this Issue' overview, and when is a reference to 'Manhunter' preferred? For example, Birds of Prey #100 lists Manhunter, despite Katherine Spencer only showing up in costume on the cover but in plain clothes during the rest of the issue (in which she has a major role). The following issue #101 lists Katherine Spencer, despite her only showing up in costume (again in a major role).

What I've seen around the Wiki so far seems to be either a shared identity, without separate entries for the individuals that take the role (like Saboteur) or an individual name only (such as with the various Batgirls like Barbara Gordon or Stephanie Brown). This double situation thus has me slightly confused. Could someone clarify and advise? Thanks.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@frognwn: don't use the Manhunter page, at least not for Spencer, it is a left over mantle page, in the old days we didn't split mantles up and now we do so whichever mantle holder appears they get tagged. The Manhunter page should probably just be for the first Manhunter or whichever mantle holder doesn't have a page (if they all have pages then the Manhunter page will be deleted when all its data is moved by someone).

Also whoever the current Manhunter is should have their page renamed to Manhunter with their real name as an alias.

FrogNWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Thank you for the clarification, Pika.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5