ikarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ikarus

Hello all,

I'd like to add a new romanian comic to comicvine. The comic I am referring to is Harap Alb Continuă, which is a modern re-imagining of an old story tale. There have been 4 issues published so far and I own all of them, meaning I should have proper references.

This is the first time I do this and the first time I use the new site to edit stuff, thus I have a few questions.

General Questions

• The comic is obviously in romanian, is it ok to add?
  • how should I handle the titles? Do I add the original title with a translation in the description or do I translate it?

Adding a volume

• According to the Troubleshooting the wiki guide, I am supposed to recycle a page from this list. The only one I see is Blackgate Penitentiary, which has quite a bit of content and is highly linked. Is this correct?
  • How can I add a volume? There is a "Create a new issue page" button on the wiki sidebar, no volume button.

Thanks,

ikarus

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@ikarus: You don't have to recycle anything, Romanian comics are fine to be added and you can use Harap Alb Continuă as the volume title and if there is another title you can add it to the description by putting Proper Romanian Title: Title Text. As for descriptions CV is an English only site so any description you write must be in English and if you want to add an official description from the publisher to the volume and/or issues you must translate it yourself and put the text in italics, using an online translator is not allowed.

To create a new volume go to Wiki>Volumes and you will see a button for creating a new volume, click the button and fill in Harap Alb Continuă as the title, add the first issues cover, put a space for the deck and leave a comment explaining why the volume should be added. Once you add the volume it will be moderated and if it is set up ok it will be approved then you can edit the volume and add volume details and then add the four issues on the volume page (there is a little button below the description), the four issues will also be moderated and when approved you can then edit those.

ikarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ikarus

Thanks a lot @pikahyper; I've added the volume and am now waiting for approval to add the issues as well.

Of course, none of the text will be in Romanian, I was asking about the title especially since all content is in english and didn't know how to proceed.