#1 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sick and tired of having to explain to newbies what notification messages are, and that they should not be replying directly to them. I rarely have tolerance for this, and it would be really helpful if I could just send them a link and be on my way.

Moderator
#2 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

If you hate it so much, you should do it for yourself, lazy ass :p
BB

#3 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

if someone replies to me in a reply message it gets deleted and I act as though they never replied

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

If you hate it so much, you should do it for yourself, lazy ass :p
BB

HAHAHA

#5 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem with it. Since there's the option to reply to the notification via the PM system then there's nothing wrong with replying that way.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

And I'm pretty sure you made one about half a year ago... :p
BB

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

If you hate it so much, you should do it for yourself, lazy ass :p
BB

That's exactly it! I'm lazy; don't wanna.

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I don't see the problem with it. Since there's the option to reply to the notification via the PM system then there's nothing wrong with replying that way.

I don't mind if it the guy replying to me is somebody I know. Otherwise, if I don't know them, I feel like they have something to hide or they just don't know how it works.

@Billy Batson said:

And I'm pretty sure you made one about half a year ago... :p
BB

Me?

Moderator
#8 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

Yeah, you. It was a few sentence complain thread which is now buried in the off-topic forum :p
BB

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I feel so tempted to do this right now with you.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

Got a link? I don't remember.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

Oh, wow. It was older than a year and yet I found it.
BB

#12 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@JediXMan:

Oh, wow. It was older than a year and yet I found it.
BB

... huh.

Moderator
#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Billy Batson said:

@JediXMan:

Oh, wow. It was older than a year and yet I found it.
BB

... huh.

There's a link in the last word?
BB

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

I saw it. The "huh" was in the context of "Huh. What do ya know?"

Moderator
#15 Posted by RazzaTazz (9599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this as being a huge problem, even before being a mod I was talking in messages all the time, sometimes things jut don't belong in the thread. 

Moderator
#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

I don't see this as being a huge problem, even before being a mod I was talking in messages all the time, sometimes things jut don't belong in the thread.

Agreed I have off topic conversations with people all the time this way.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30310 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

I don't see this as being a huge problem, even before being a mod I was talking in messages all the time, sometimes things jut don't belong in the thread.

I get that. It's when people reply, on topic, to me via the notification message because they honestly don't know how it works.

Moderator
#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (9599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: OK I can appreciate that, if you can find a FAQ on the site that you think it could go in I will have a look at it

Moderator