Placement of special issues question

Poulscath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to add the following two issues to the wiki but am not sure whether to put them in a single volume or two (or add them to the main series, see below)

They are:

• Gremlin Trouble Super Special #1
  • Gremlin Trouble Super Special Final

It's a single story.

Additionally, the official website refers to them as issues 31 & 32 of the main series which doesn't help.

So how should I handle these?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

We firsthandedly index titles by indicia, so check what the indicia says and get back here if you're still uncertain.

To clarify; if the cover says Gremlin Trouble Super Special #1, but indicia says Gremlin Trouble #31, index as the latter.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

@fesak said:

We firsthandedly index titles by indicia, so check what the indicia says and get back here if you're still uncertain.

To clarify; if the cover says Gremlin Trouble Super Special #1, but indicia says Gremlin Trouble #31, index as the latter.

I was wondering this on the Skullkickers, while the cover say Uncanny and Savage and the interior indicia also lists this, they then in parenthesis lists them as issues #19 and 20, and the Special covers label them as Skullkickers #19 and 20 and list the story arc as well.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

@wmwadeii said:

@fesak said:

I was wondering this on the Skullkickers, while the cover say Uncanny and Savage and the interior indicia also lists this, they then in parenthesis lists them as issues #19 and 20, and the Special covers label them as Skullkickers #19 and 20 and list the story arc as well.

Same thing as with BPRD then, where it says for example; BRPD Hell on Earth #101: Return of the Master #4.

Kind of hard to index so it makes sense, but for now we're keeping them separate and there should be a description of how/where the series is numbered/indexed on the overview page, like this.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#5  Edited By wmwadeii

@fesak: Yeah Skullkickers says go to Uncanny for #19 and Uncanny says go to Savage for #20.

Poulscath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Poulscath

@fesak: The indicia are

Should I put this under one volume "Gremlin Trouble Super Special" with numbers #1 & Final (is that even possible?) or two separate volumes "Gremlin Trouble Super Special" & "Gremlin Trouble Super Special Final" each with an issue #1?

(It's the #1 & Final numbering that's bugging me)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fesak  Moderator

@kirtai said:

@fesak: The indicia are

Should I put this under one volume "Gremlin Trouble Super Special" with numbers #1 & Final (is that even possible?) or two separate volumes "Gremlin Trouble Super Special" & "Gremlin Trouble Super Special Final" each with an issue #1?

(It's the #1 & Final numbering that's bugging me)

Actually you can name an issue #Final now, so either way is fine. This has been a bit inconsequential before since we only were able to have numbers as numbers, so do it as you feel is best

It's now also possible to move issues between volumes, so it's no big deal if we want to merge/separate those later on.

Poulscath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: Thanks, I'll add them as a single volume for now and just put the 31&32 in the descriptions with a link to the original volume.