Pictures?

RaFonaRaFona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaFonaRaFona

Sorry if this has been covered...but how do you upload pictures to pretty much anything? Specifically, I want to upload to a forum, but is the process the same for everything? Lists? Review? Blog? Etc.? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@RaFonaRaFona said:

Sorry if this has been covered...but how do you upload pictures to pretty much anything? Specifically, I want to upload to a forum, but is the process the same for everything? Lists? Review? Blog? Etc.? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

There are a couple ways to add images depending on where the source image is, when you are in Parchment (the text editor you type in for the forum and wiki) you hit the little image button and once that opens you select your image source; My Desktop (your computer), URL Address (it is locate on another site), Search the Site (the image is already on the site in a gallery for example) or My Previous Uploads (you already uploaded it to your own gallery). Once you click one of those four buttons just follow what it says in the dialogs to add an image or multiple images in some cases.

If you are uploading into your own gallery or a wiki gallery you would hit the Add Images button which will invoke the source's dialog again but this time it will only have two options: My Desktop and Search the Site.

There are also some rules about adding images to the site (most are wiki related rules except for the last sentence of #2 and all of #6 which are site wide) which can be found toward the bottom of this page under the header "Image Upload Best Practices".

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

BB

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By catfightfan

Please tell me how to add the issue name and # below the images that I upload. Can I still add this information on the many images that I have already uploaded?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@catfightfan: On a page or in a gallery?

On the page (in edit mode), click 'Add a Caption' in the image's menu by hovering over the image, or click below the image (although sometimes that doesn't work).

In a gallery, first click the green 'Edit Images' button. Then text below each image saying 'Please Add Caption' should appear. Click it to add text.