People changing pages

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

When I joined the vine I created a page for one of my favorite characters (I won't name them because I don't want to call anyone out). I had all of the characters stats, his powers, abilities and a brief history. I recently checked his page and instead of adding to it someone has erased everything I wrote and re-written it. Not only is it grammatically incorrect (run-ons, incomplete sentences, etc.) It just isn't good. I don't have a problem with people adding to pages, but should they completely erase everything someone else has done (when it is RIGHT???). This character is one of my favorites and didn't even have a page when I joined and now the page SUCKS!! Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent.

ShufflerHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShufflerHS

Valkaad says:

"When I joined the vine I created a page for one of my favorite characters (I won't name them because I don't want to call anyone out). I had all of the characters stats, his powers, abilities and a brief history. I recently checked his page and instead of adding to it someone has erased everything I wrote and re-written it. Not only is it grammatically incorrect (run-ons, incomplete sentences, etc.) It just isn't good. I don't have a problem with people adding to pages, but should they completely erase everything someone else has done (when it is RIGHT???). This character is one of my favorites and didn't even have a page when I joined and now the page SUCKS!! Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent."

Yea I've seen cases like that where there was a really good page and someone went through and added everything new plus 1 word to keep it from inspection. I hope with 2.0 the highest contributor for each page will get to look over incoming edits. Just out of curiosity could you PM me the page?

And in all honesty if a page is really small and brief I've gone in and rewrote it all with detail. I think I did that for Allen the Alien and Rex-Splode.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I think the staff can do a rollback on the page.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'd be pissed as hell if someone redid the Mr. Majestic page. Hope whichever page it was can be recovered.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lady Tlieso

that happened to me a while ago, someone went & erased everything i wrote & only put in a couple sentences. very frustrating. i'm sure if you ask the mods they can roll it back.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

I thought long about it and I decided to just say It was Champion. I don't mind someone adding to a page, it's not my page, but to totally erase everything I did and re-do it really pisses me off. It wasn't a big page, but I did "create" it and I thought I had it layed out nicely. I don't understand why the history that was added couldn't have been ADDED and my stuff left alone.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

I did that on the Ultimates page, but it only had like one sentence. I dumped it and started from scratch.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

I guess it was Vegeta then?

That really does blow, Val. Although it could probably be recovered. Right?

ShufflerHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ShufflerHS

Buckshot says:

"I'd be pissed as hell if someone redid the Mr. Majestic page. Hope whichever page it was can be recovered."

I'm scared of even clicking the edit button on that page. It's a well known page so whoever messes with it will probably be blacklisted and shunned by all members of the Vine.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valkaad

Hellstormer says:

"Buckshot says:
"I'd be pissed as hell if someone redid the Mr. Majestic page. Hope whichever page it was can be recovered."
I'm scared of even clicking the edit button on that page. It's a well known page so whoever messes with it will probably be blacklisted and shunned by all members of the Vine."

Yeah I don't think you could do anything more to incur Bucks ultimate wrath than mess with his majestic page.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valkaad

Is it possible to recover the page I did on champion?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

You've posted it here, but have you PMd a staff member? Only they can do rollbacks but if they missed this thread they probably don't know about the problem.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"You've posted it here, but have you PMd a staff member? Only they can do rollbacks but if they missed this thread they probably don't know about the problem."

NO, good call!