Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I asked this on GiantBomb and I didn't get the answer I needed so I thought I would ask it here. I asked the question on wiki points as to how wiki points work from site to site and I got the answer that the wiki points mirror your contribution to the actual site you are on. Now I understand that, now the question I have resolves around something I read here.

The page I read said that when wiki points get to a certain height on one site it allows the same privileges( example adding new pages) you have on the one site to go on the other. Now this seems to contradict and I wonder what detail I'm missing.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@BlueLantern1995: I don't think Whiskey Media exists anymore but anyways point totals on each site are separate entities and do not cross over to different sites, earning 10 points on one site does not automatically give you 10 points on another site, you can see a combined total from each site on your multi-pass page but that is about it so if you earn 10 points on one site and 10 points on another your multi-pass will say you have 20 points but that twenty points doesn't exist anywhere else. Privileges do cross over though so once you pass 5,000 all possible standard user abilities are unlocked, the one thing I'm not sure on is if the 5,000 can be accumulated across the two sites (you have 2500 on GB and 2501 on CV if that will unlock it) or if it is 5,000 on a single site.

I'm guessing your confusion is coming from some of the info released early on about the new site which may handle points differently, in an interview after the sale Dave did mention that the points would sync across the sites (earn 10 points on one site and 10 on another and you will have 20 total on both sites) which may be a possibility (and I sincerely hope not) but we will not known if that change will happen until the new site is released.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@pikahyper said:

I'm guessing your confusion is coming from some of the info released early on about the new site which may handle points differently, in an interview after the sale Dave did mention that the points would sync across the sites (earn 10 points on one site and 10 on another and you will have 20 total on both sites) which may be a possibility (and I sincerely hope not) but we will not known if that change will happen until the new site is released.

New site?
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@JediXMan: You know Whiskey split up right? the platform that the sites are all built on the Distillery went with the other sites along with most of the engineers so since CV and GB are no longer allowed to use the platform a new one has to be built and transitioned to, the brand new site is coming later this year.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@pikahyper

I know what happened regarding Whiskey, or I at least know the basics; I don't know exact details, and that now the site is owned by CBS. Now if this is a brand new site, what gets transferred? Will it be a completely, fresh and clean new site, or just a new platform for this site?
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz
@BlueLantern1995: The standards of use for the different sites were different anyway.  There was almost no moderation at Screened back in the day.