Official Star Wars Factfile

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://www.comicvine.com/official-star-wars-fact-file/4050-32048/

Two questions. Firstly, should this volume even be on the wiki? It appears to be a partwork magazine with features about Star Wars, rather than a comic book. And secondly, several of the later issues appear to have German covers, whereas most are English. Would those not belong in a separate volume?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@digifiend: it is a sourcebook of sorts and does contain comic related info so it is justified. As for the language thing, looking at the covers De Agostini is on every single cover so I don't think they are from two different countries, I think they just changed the language they printed in.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

De Agostini is active in 30 different countries, according to it's Wikipedia article. Switching language partway is totally illogical, those issues look like translations to me, published by the original publisher. I do think the volume needs to be split.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Agostini

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

Looking into it more it looks like it was published in multiple countries in English and then French, Italian, German, Dutch, Polish, Spanish and Japanese. Most of the countries editions were the same but some had shorter runs or included additional content. One of the big problems is that the original editor did not add any note on which countries edition the existing volume is or what language it is in to narrow it down so, Digifiend, if you want to delve even further and figure this out on your own go ahead but I would much prefer someone that knows a lot about this series or Star Wars in general to be doing it, this is a large job and if it is going to be done it needs to be done right.