#1 Posted by yanclae (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I propose adding to a list of concepts some list items of a more philosophical nature. These are ideas that are of a more general nature rather than specifically relating to any one story line.

These are elements that can be found on

http://www.comicvine.com/concepts/ and when doing the wiki edits can be added to the issues through a search bar. Although there are many concepts to choose from, they mostly relate to a specific Story Line and characters. These concepts that I propose are universal and can apply to all genres of comic strip. For instance, most series have one of the following concepts:

• Flashback
  • Fame & Fortune
  • Conception Pregnancy
  • Brotherhood (Initiation)
  • Not really dead
  • Pride's Downfall
  • Fulfillment
  • Famine

I invite discussion and nominations for any and all positive philosophical concepts in this Forum thread. My hope is for the moderators or someone with initiative to borrow these and formulate short description.

#2 Posted by yanclae (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Today, I added the following concepts, from elfQuest. They are broad and I am pretty sure that although the term originates with this independently published series, the concept is not original, nor is it the only series to pertain to the following issues:

• Tribal Reunification ("to seek out new worlds and lost civilizations")
  • Soul Name (a secret word that represents all attributes of a personality)
  • Recognition (the obligation to marry your "love at first sight")

I am hoping that these concepts will not just be used for elfQuest, but other series as well.

Thank you for considering.

#3 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

Concepts are kind of a grey area and most people don't really like them and personally I don't think any of the ones you listed should be used as I could see a bunch of them being majorly abused by point whores.

I see you already made the Recognition page and you already got more points out of it then you should have, you link to the same things too many times, only the first instance of a linkable item is supposed to be linked yet you've got a bunch of doubles and triples. Also looking at the ElfQuest page you worked on that volume description is insane, no volume page needs that much info and probably belongs on character or story arc pages.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (56893 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

Also looking at the ElfQuest page you worked on that volume description is insane, no volume page needs that much info and probably belongs on character or story arc pages.

hah!
BB

#5 Posted by yanclae (21 posts) - - Show Bio

That is pretty good criticism. But I think those concepts would be good.

The problem with concepts here, I believe, is that a lot of them are too specific for one series or another. In retrospect, I would have #soul mate in place of Recognition, but I totally disagree with you that these words are meaningless.

But you say a lot of people don't like the concept idea; it may be because the concepts are either too specific or irrelevent. The original ones that I proposed might need catchier, more ubiquitous slogan.

Thanks for the feedback.

#6 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

@yanclae: it has little to do with being too specific or irrelevant, it mainly has to do with misuse and abuse, that it was they are disliked.