Moderators: "We're here to Help"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I thought I'd take a quick minute to remind you, the Comicvine users, that the Moderators are here to assist you with whatever problems or questions you might have. Comicvine has a large number of Mods at their disposal pretty much guaranteeing you'll be able to find one online. This helps the Staff concentrate on dealing with issues that will continue to make this site great. They have a lot to deal with and it slows them down when they're constantly flooded with problems that could have been handled by a Moderator. This isn't to say you should never pm a Staff member with a major problem or complaint. But minor issues can be dealt with quickly be reaching out to a Moderator. 

Issues like :

• Locking Threads
  • Abusive, Trolling, Harassing Users
  • Duplicate Threads 
  • Basic Questions
  • Offensive Scans

These can all be addressed by the Moderators. Of course we're all here to help, Staff and Mods alike. If you feel that the moderator is not dealing with the issue please go to a staff member

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By No_Name_

Thanks for making this thread, Gambler. I appreciate it. I've been swamped with scheduling interviews, making videos in advance to post while I am packing, posting news and just generally getting ready for this convention. We want the convention coverage to be the best that it can be and in order to do that, I will have to hold off on minor problems like thread locking that can be deal with by you, Inferiorego and Aztek. I really appreciate all the work the mod's do for our site, you are our eyes when we can't be. Thank you again.  

To the users who feel that moderator's are not being responsive, please contact staff members (G-Man and I), and of course, technical problems should be directed to Coonce, Cpt. Cascader and Red Lamp. 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm here most of the day M-Th: 
Aztek and Gambler are also on here a lot. Methos and MR are usually on here the times when Az & Gambler aren't. There is usually at least one mod on at any given time. 
We, and the staffers, try to create a fun and positive atmosphere for everyone. Not just those in their 20s, 30s, 40s etc... We want anyone who comes to this site to not only feel welcomed, but also not feel threatened or intimidated. 

I know there have been problems on other sites with forums (non-whiskey media related places) with moderators or admins either misusing power or all around just being jerks. You're not going to find that here because we all care for the well being of the site and it's users.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I am on here a fair bit and always here to help, I am always checking the flagged items and always try to be fair. 

Just wanted to remind users to use the flagging system, it really is the best way for us to find out what is going on, we are unable to go through every thread so if you see ANYTHING that bothers you just flag us and we will do our best to deal with it! 

:-)