#51 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: If it's the most current picture of her then it should be fine, it follows all of the guidelines.
#52 Posted by War Killer (19957 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490 said:
" @War Killer: If it's the most current picture of her then it should be fine, it follows all of the guidelines. "
I know, I've changed it a few times already, but someone keeps changing it to the image of her in her last uniform with Hank Pym laying all sad in her lap, which doesn't follow the guidelines...it's just annoying -___-
#53 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @War Killer: If it's the most current picture of her then it should be fine, it follows all of the guidelines. "
I know, I've changed it a few times already, but someone keeps changing it to the image of her in her last uniform with Hank Pym laying all sad in her lap, which doesn't follow the guidelines...it's just annoying -___- "
I hate it when people do that. Like for the Dazzler picture. A few weeks back somebody kept changing it to her disco uniform picture, which she hasn't worn in how many years?
#54 Posted by War Killer (19957 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490 said:
" @War Killer said:
" @courtney12490 said:
I know, I've changed it a few times already, but someone keeps changing it to the image of her in her last uniform with Hank Pym laying all sad in her lap, which doesn't follow the guidelines...it's just annoying -___- "
I hate it when people do that. Like for the Dazzler picture. A few weeks back somebody kept changing it to her disco uniform picture, which she hasn't worn in how many years? "
I know some people like the classic's, and don't get me wrong, I do too, but it's annoying seeing an image that is, in simple words, "outdated."
#55 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @War Killer said:
" @courtney12490 said:
I hate it when people do that. Like for the Dazzler picture. A few weeks back somebody kept changing it to her disco uniform picture, which she hasn't worn in how many years? "
I know some people like the classic's, and don't get me wrong, I do too, but it's annoying seeing an image that is, in simple words, "outdated." "
I totally agree.
#56 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I uploaded the original cover to Top 10 #1 as the cover that is currently at the top is an alternate cover. Is it possible to have the images switched around?

#57 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@afierce: done
#58 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio

With regard to the Wasp's main image:

Isn't the character currently deceased? Which means that the most iconic image of her should be used. The 'celestial entity' Wasp is not truly indicative of her character and in fact it is merely a distorted shell of her body. Her consciousness is beyond reach so essentially it is her corpse. I don't see any rule stating that we must use the most recent image of the corpse for deceased characters.

I've done a lot of work on the Wasp's page and have already placed the 'celestial entity' image in the most recent text, explaining its significance. But as for this image representing the Wasp as a character, it doesn't really make sense.

#59 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu: Thank you much! =)
#60 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:
" With regard to the Wasp's main image:  Isn't the character currently deceased? Which means that the most iconic image of her should be used. The 'celestial entity' Wasp is not truly indicative of her character and in fact it is merely a distorted shell of her body. Her consciousness is beyond reach so essentially it is her corpse. I don't see any rule stating that we must use the most recent image of the corpse for deceased characters.  I've done a lot of work on the Wasp's page and have already placed the 'celestial entity' image in the most recent text, explaining its significance. But as for this image representing the Wasp as a character, it doesn't really make sense. "
We've used images of Black Lanterns before, so I don't see the problem with it. If she most recently appeared in the comics like that and the picture fits the guidelines, it's my feeling that it should be the main picture. On a side note, great job on the page. I've never read anything with her in it other than the Ultimates and after reading that have had any questions that I had about her answered.
#61 Edited by War Killer (19957 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:

" With regard to the Wasp's main image:  Isn't the character currently deceased? Which means that the most iconic image of her should be used. The 'celestial entity' Wasp is not truly indicative of her character and in fact it is merely a distorted shell of her body. Her consciousness is beyond reach so essentially it is her corpse. I don't see any rule stating that we must use the most recent image of the corpse for deceased characters.  I've done a lot of work on the Wasp's page and have already placed the 'celestial entity' image in the most recent text, explaining its significance. But as for this image representing the Wasp as a character, it doesn't really make sense. "

Is it just her corps? I thought it was her, only her body was slowly breaking apart and Hank was work on keeping her together? I haven't read the last Mighty Avengers issue though, so I might be wrong.
#62 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490: 
 Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I've seen Black Lantern images used as the main image for Wonder Woman and so forth. I personally disagree with this rule, since for the main image I think iconic and recognizable images should trump current (and almost always temporary) "bizarro" versions of a character. Not everyone who visits and reads Comic Vine is a rabid fan who has to be up-to-the-minute on everything. Many are just looking for general information about their superheroes, and may be confused and even put off when well-known characters are represented by strange and unrecognizable versions that look nothing like what they expect.
#63 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: 
 I haven't been able to read the whole storyline either so I could be wrong as well. But the way I understand it, this "celestial body" of Wasp is literally what is left of her physical body. It may not be dead, but it isn't alive in the traditional sense either. I don't know if anyone has been able to communicate with it. Then there is the encounter Hercules had with Janet's soul/spirit in Erebus, which did in fact exhibit a consciousness. So wouldn't that soul/spirit be more representative of the character than her unresponsive "celestial body"? Or is her consciousness in two different places at once? Where do you draw the line?

It is confusing no matter how you look at it, whereas an iconic image of Wasp when she was alive would not be. This is why I am in disagreement with the rule that the 'most recent image' of a character should always be the main image of a character (as I stated in my post to Courtney, above).
#64 Posted by War Killer (19957 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:
" @War Killer:   I haven't been able to read the whole storyline either so I could be wrong as well. But the way I understand it, this "celestial body" of Wasp is literally what is left of her physical body. It may not be dead, but it isn't alive in the traditional sense either. I don't know if anyone has been able to communicate with it. Then there is the encounter Hercules had with Janet's soul/spirit in Erebus, which did in fact exhibit a consciousness. So wouldn't that soul/spirit be more representative of the character than her unresponsive "celestial body"? Or is her consciousness in two different places at once? Where do you draw the line? It is confusing no matter how you look at it, whereas an iconic image of Wasp when she was alive would not be. This is why I am in disagreement with the rule that the 'most recent image' of a character should always be the main image of a character (as I stated in my post to Courtney, above). "
Maybe we should read the issues before we go off debating? xD As for the Herc thing, I've had a few discussions with others, and I believe it falls in with the same thing that happened in Thor when he talked to the spirit of Steve Rogers, who we now know wasn't dead at all just trapped in time and space, I think that's to be blamed on the editors of those said books, so I really don't think they should be counted as "accurate."

Now that you put it that way, I think since it is a confusion subject, the page could probably have either her current form or her what she looked like right before she "died," I would like to know what one of the wiki Mods think of this subject, though.
#65 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:
" @courtney12490:   Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I've seen Black Lantern images used as the main image for Wonder Woman and so forth. I personally disagree with this rule, since for the main image I think iconic and recognizable images should trump current (and almost always temporary) "bizarro" versions of a character. Not everyone who visits and reads Comic Vine is a rabid fan who has to be up-to-the-minute on everything. Many are just looking for general information about their superheroes, and may be confused and even put off when well-known characters are represented by strange and unrecognizable versions that look nothing like what they expect. "
Hmmm. You make really valid points, I think that I'd like to hear a moderator's opinion on this subject, though, because now I'm kind of torn between my opinion and your really good points.
#66 Posted by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@WWAJfan: done
#68 Posted by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:
thkns a lot, really apreciatte it XD
#69 Posted by bdog (118 posts) - - Show Bio

For Firestorm?  

#70 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@bdog: Kinda ruined by the presence of another character in the forefront.
#71 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@bdog: I'm sorry, it doesn't follow the guidelines. 
#72 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@BrianG2k: Done
#73 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Make sure to use this thread for main picture issues, not make new ones.

#74 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.: Yes ma'am.
#75 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: Done!
#77 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: Done the Red Queen.  But the Jabberwocky is very long.  The Aspect Ratio is fine (don't want to warp the image), but if we change it to that then you'll be half way down the page before the image finishes.  How about something a little... shorter?
#79 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Righto. Better?
#80 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: fixed.
#81 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: fixed
#83 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: Done.
#85 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of curiosity, are variant covers supposed to be the default images for an issue?  I was looking at some of the Batman & Robin issues, and the most common covers that were done by Frank Quietley are not the default images.  I just don't know what the rule is for something like this, but I would think that the most common cover on retail shelves would be used rather than the variants.

#86 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187: I'd say thee "Cover A" should be the main image if it's uploaded to the site by principle but it's not exactly the easiest rule to enforce since sometimes we only have a variant or its the better quality image, stuff like that
#87 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: The "Cover A" for each of them was the main image for the longest time, and all of them are high quality images.
#88 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187: Links, please.  And (just in case we're not familiar with the issues) details of which is the A cover for each issue :)
#89 Posted by IrishX (2304 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's just for me but I do not currently see a picture at all for Daredevil. Anyone want to remedy this?

#90 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX: I don't know if it's been fixed or what, but there's a picture there now.
#91 Posted by IrishX (2304 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490:
Sweet. Good choice with it being Shadowland Day! Thanks to whoever put the image in and thanks courtney for the update.
#92 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
Larry Hama's photo. I uploaded one that I took at SDCC2010 and another one.

The current default image looks like it was taken like 20-30 years ago, he's aged a little since then.

Also can you make the default image for GI Joe #156 the cover with Snake Eyes on it? The other covers are variants.
#93 Edited by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch: Changed the Larry Hama photo.
I'm not sure if I can do anything about the GI Joe cover.
#94 Posted by IrishX (2304 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I know there is a main picture change thread which is this, but where do we post images that need to be uploaded? J. Bone's page doesn't have a picture of him and I took one at Fan Expo.

J. Bone
I am suppose to insert the picture here like I did and then one of the mods add it? 
#96 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts:
Why don't you just add the image to J. Bone's image gallery yourself?  It's already uploaded into your own user gallery and all.
#97 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Defiant Character Nobody has an Image of Spellcaster as the main image in the Gallery there is another picture of Spellcaster that should be removed as well. Thank you.

#98 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

#99 Posted by Icarusflies (12456 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: Fixed.
#100 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone switch Problem Sleuth's image to this one. The present picture is of the entire Team Sleuth.
Also could someone switch Pickle Inspector's picture to this one. It's how he's usually shown. 

Thanks in advanced.