#801 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

that's fan art.

#802 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, ok

anyways someone already changed the pic so all is good.

#803 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

That was me. Someone will change it back to something sucky within a day, I bet on it.

#804 Edited by CharlesMosteller (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Requesting that the main image for the character Jesus E. Lee be changed to this.

this

this

http://www.comicvine.com/jesus-e-lee/4005-88704/

to

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113948/3026320-jesuseleemainimage.jpg

I keep trying to follow the example shown on page 1 of this thread, for when requesting a change of a main image, and the system keeps telling me "tis but a barren wasteland," signifying that I am not doing something right, I assume. I can post the image as an image in the forum here, but I am trying to post it as a link. There's no preview button, so I can verify whether my efforts succeed or fail, before I actually post here. Sorry to be a bother. I've grasped some things about this wiki, but there's still stuff that I am trying to get the hang of. My apologies for the inconvenience.

After I post here, the links that I thought that I added end up being empty.

I kept editing this posting, and I see, now, that if I type in the character in the link box, that it will bring up a few choices. But, it doesn't offer me the actual image that I added previously to that particular character's page.

It's just a very unwieldy approach to linking. It's very susceptible to error.

#805 Edited by CharlesMosteller (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried, again, just now to figure out how to get a link to an image to be utilized by the link button in the forum. Yet, it just doesn't let me use the link button, itself, to provide a link to an image.

So, is there some trick that I am missing?

#806 Posted by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlesmosteller: highlight the text to be turned into a link, hit the link button, you'll see three fields, add the image url to the third one and hit create link, done.

#807 Posted by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio

ok the thread is up to date, if any were skipped it was cause the suggested image wasn't good enough to change too.

#808 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I've asked before but can we make it an actual rule (rather than common sense) that images from the Avengers Facebook game should never be set as mains. I am sick to hell of seeing them set as defaults. They look like ass and are from a game.

#809 Posted by fesak (7052 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

I've asked before but can we make it an actual rule (rather than common sense) that images from the Avengers Facebook game should never be set as mains. I am sick to hell of seeing them set as defaults. They look like ass and are from a game.

There already is a rule about that, read the op ;p

#810 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant a rule specifically about that game. The amount of character pages that have them set continuously as the main is obscene.

#811 Edited by fesak (7052 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

I meant a rule specifically about that game. The amount of character pages that have them set continuously as the main is obscene.

Why a rule about a specific game when the rule is no game art?

Ok, new rule: No game art, especially if it's bad.

#812 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well idiots seem to think it counts since the game is mostly barely animated pictures of characters.

#813 Edited by JediXMan (30398 posts) - - Show Bio

ok the thread is up to date, if any were skipped it was cause the suggested image wasn't good enough to change too.

I have a suggestion: could you edit the OP so that it will say how to change a main picture post-update? I just figured it out after all this time (I probably should have asked how to do it, but eh).

#814 Posted by JediXMan (30398 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:

@x35 said:

Why a rule about a specific game when the rule is no game art?

Ok, new rule: No game art, especially if it's bad.

What about in the case where the main continuity is from a game / TV show / movie, but they also had spin-off comics (hence warranting a page)? Should it then not be a matter of priority via continuity?

I realize it states this as a general thing for comics, but I wanted to know if it applied to other forms of media that have comics, as well, such as anime and the like (though this might not usually be an issue, since most anime's main continuity is in manga).

#815 Edited by Teerack (5904 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this the picture of Monica Rambeau? O.o that costume is ancient.

Change it to one of these.

I can edit out the word bubbles if you chose to use one of those. Just ask and I'll post it.

#816 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit out the phantom limb in the first one and that would be good.

#817 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: This is a comic wiki so the comic versions take precedence.

#818 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post this picture of Willie o' Wisp (dc comics),please?

#819 Edited by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#820 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio
#821 Edited by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: still can't be used, you can still see Batman and Superman and there is a speech bubble present.

#822 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio
#823 Posted by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: still questionable but good enough I guess, if in the future a better image becomes available please use it.

#824 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio
#825 Posted by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#826 Edited by KeliaC (33 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone set the main image for Momenta? she had no art at all, so I uploaded the only thing I could dig up on her.

#827 Posted by KeliaC (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I just uploaded a half dozen pics to Ice Queen's entry. Could someone please set one as her main pic?

#828 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

right well we have some troll going around setting a bunch of major characters (cap, thor, spidey, thing etc.) to old or inappropriate pics every couple of hours. oh wait, there's nothing you can do about this STILL.

oh boy!

#829 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

What's inappropriate about that?

#830 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact it's a poor quality pic.......from a trading card..........from the 90s............with watermarks.........

#831 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. When you said it was inappropriate I thought Ben was making an obscene gesture or something.

#832 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#833 Posted by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#834 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/marvel-s-thor-the-dark-world-prelude-1-marvel-s-th/4000-409223/ <-- I don't know why the cover wasn't uploaded after I add the issue (maybe something went wrong).

The second cover should be the first cover of this comic book.

#835 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#836 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio
#837 Posted by NodNolan (109 posts) - - Show Bio
#838 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#839 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio
#840 Edited by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#841 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio
#842 Edited by pikahyper (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#843 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio
#844 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#845 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio
#846 Edited by Madcel (210 posts) - - Show Bio
#847 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@madcel:

in the case of both blade and reilly, those aren't their current/most recent looks. blade has a skinhead with stupid tribal tats all over it now and reilly was last active as spider-man (but more importantly the quality of that pic is garbage...someone just cropped it from the solicits and ignored the fact solicits for trades warp the images)...changed both to other images though...so maybe these will be more to your liking.

#848 Posted by Madcel (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: Yeah much better thank you. Thought I had to pick one

#849 Edited by Madcel (210 posts) - - Show Bio
#850 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, if it's a handbook pic it usually means there's not. handbook pics usually are sufficient enough. in chemistro's case there's not a single other pic in that gallery that is usable as a main... anaconda, there's a few cropped images but i'd opt for the handbook image over them (probably why i uploaded it in the first place)