Little Nemo

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

Not sure where else to add this, but I found a site that has all the original Little Nemo comic page strips. Are these acceptable to add? They look like this http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/search?search=little+nemo. They are more like full page comics then regular comic strips. And if I do add them, what should be the publisher?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@fables87: as Ren said not a comic book, it can't be added.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

ok just wondering. maybe i'll just edit the collected editions on here instead.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By takashichea

If a graphic novel has a retail cover and mostly pictures, it gets added. From my experience (I mostly work with manga), light novels, one shots, and web comics (like Naver Webtoons) cannot be added to Comic Vine.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

Other then the fact that something needs to have sequential comics in it (99.9% of the time) the simplest way to define what can be added is that it needs a cover, it needs to be more then I'd say two internal double sided pages (I think that is the thinnest I've ever seen) and it needs to be sold by an established retailer (or if free released by an established publisher), for example if some indie creator makes a comic book and it is only available in their DeviantArt gallery even if it has a cover it couldn't be added, there are a few exceptions like a lot of older UK comics where the cover is the first page of the comic but generally having a cover is what makes it eligible and rules out newsspaper strips (like Little Nemo), webcomics and non-mainstream subscription based comics, very few creators intentionally put out a comic book without a legitimate cover unless the cover is part of the story.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By BlueEcho

If they don't fit elsewhere, how about in other media under the character page?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Full page comic strips weren't so unordinary Krazy Kat and Prince Valiant had them too. There's no reason to treat Little Nemo differently - there are bunch of Little Nemo collections anyway.

BB

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By takashichea

@renchamp:

Sorry for being vague, I was referring to the Manga equivalent of one shot. A one shot in Japan is a chapter published in a manga anthology magazine. In rare cases, they do get a tankobon release example Mario by Kishimoto.

Don't worry, @pikahyper had known about this.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pikahyper  Moderator

@billy_batson: they are of course common enough back in the day but still not allowed, it is ComicVine after all not NewsspaperStripVine.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By takashichea

@pikahyper: @renchamp:

Off-topic: I'm curious what are comic books' one shot are like. I have never read comic books. I probably work where I'm comfortable: manga and anime.

Edit:

Have read a few issues (Injustice b/c it had a game on it) and Killing Joke but not as much to call myself a comic book reader.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator
takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: Comic one shots are basically anything that is a single stand-alone issue. Specials can also be considered one shots but specials are more closely related to Annuals as Specials tend to end up being a series of stand-alone issues like Annuals, Annuals are annual or bi-annual and Specials are jut released as needed.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Billy Batson

@billy_batson: they are of course common enough back in the day but still not allowed, it is ComicVine after all not NewsspaperStripVine.

That comparison would be more apt if this was ComicBookVine since comic strips are still comics.

@renchamp said:

@pikahyper said:

I think billy's comment was contextually vague, but I think on the same page with us. We don't add Prince Valiant, why add Little Nemo? (Correct me if I am wrong, billy.)

Yeah, I was saying that those Little Nemo strips we're still regular strips, not comic books. Another reason why not to allow them is because "full page scans aren't allowed".

We add Prince Valiant collected editions, though.

BB