Links To Collected Editions On Single Issue Pages?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Hi Everyone.

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add information as to where issues have been reprinted on their pages? Much like how collected editions list what issues are included, to let people know what's in them, it could be useful to let people know if a single issue has been reprinted/collected, so that they can consider buying a reprint, rather than trying to track down a potentially expensive or hard to find original.

I got to thinking about this as I was wondering if Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 had been reprinted in a collected edition, but am struggling to find out. Having links to collected edition pages on issue pages could help in a situation like this.

I don't want to start doing this with pages without consent of a moderator, so I thought I should ask.

Does anyone else think this could be a good thing to start doing? I don't think I've seen any pages that have this.

Scarlotte.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose: volume pages are already set up for including a list of collected editions, we've been doing it for ages.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@pikahyper: Oh right. I knew they were there, but I just thought I'd check if it was worth doing it this way too. Obviously not. Never mind. :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@pikahyper: ya not a good idea, it could get excessive and take up too much space, some issues have been collected dozens of times. Then there is the whole point whoring aspect.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

@v_scarlotte_rose: If you check out some of the original The Transformers (Marvel) pages we have added to the issues themselves not the volume of when they were reprinted in The Transformers (UK) and vice-versa. Not sure if that is something you are looking at doing.