large scale Suggestion for the site

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(Move this if you need, not sure where to post this)

When this site was made I think only Smallville and a few shows geared towards kids revolving around Superheroes were in play. Now, we've got Arrow,The Flash, Gotham,S.H.I.E.L.D., Constantine, and with talks on more shows like Teen Titans live action, super girl, wonder woman, and probably more. With the shut down of screened there's isn't a site specifically geard towards tv and movies under the umbrella for these sites anymore.

I think the site could benefit on a long, long term basis with returns that exceed the effort, with a new section geared specifically towards the live action television shows and films based on comic book properties. Like the wiki entries or reviews section, fans and users could self publish articles on these shows and movies in their own words alongside the payed site writers staff.

I know I would use it all the time if it existed. Right now it seems like the CV staff is focused on Comics primarily with the shows and movies as stones between, but the movies and shows have just as big an impact in the comic book community and attract comic book fans, so to have them play seconds to comics rather on equal ground seems like the business of CV is holding itself back from the potential influx of readers, contributors, new users, and even cash if this new section allowed certain privileges to cash contributors when they get the badge. Though either way more users equals more cash.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@_animus_: you know we have tv and movie sections already in the wiki right? and the staff review like all of the live action comic shows right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pikahyper: I know but I'm talking about making it more equal to than secondary to the comics. It's the site revolves around comics and media is usually like a secondary. I get that, it's called comicvine. But comics and the shows they were based off of play an equal role to the same crowd.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@_animus_: They will never be equal because there isn't enough of them. On average 250 new issues come out each week just in the US compared to about 10 comic related shows/cartoons per week all of which get reviewed by the staff and users plus there are regular articles about current movies and shows and dvd/blu-ray releases, the tv section does get a lot of attention so it is not seen as secondary and wiki editors are adding more old stuff every day but as a whole they will never be equal because there are so many more comics.

In the future please keep the suggestions in the suggestions thread pinned in the Editing & Tools forum though.