Incorrect Dates

tojphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tojphantom

I've noticed and fixed some incorrect release date info on a few pages.  I was wondering if there was any easier way to do this, or do they all need to be fixed one at a time by hand?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@tojphantom: one at a time by hand, now by fix do you mean you are adding the release date or the indicia date? cause this site uses indicia date instead of the actual street release date.
JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JamesSpiring

Well, it's usually on the cover as well (or instead on most British titles). The current issue of The Beano came out on June 29 2011, but it's cover date is July 2 2011. The current issue of Action Comics obviously has a June 2011 release date, but says AUG 2011 on the cover. As Pika said, the cover date is used here, not the on sale date.

tojphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tojphantom

@Digifiend said:

Well, it's usually on the cover as well (or instead on most British titles). The current issue of The Beano came out on June 29 2011, but it's cover date is July 2 2011. The current issue of Action Comics obviously has a June 2011 release date, but says AUG 2011 on the cover. As Pika said, the cover date is used here, not the on sale date.

Okay, but what about comics that don't have dates on the cover. It seems to me that the majority of them don't, so why don't you just use the date listed in the are where the copyright stuff is?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@tojphantom: That area with the copyright stuff is the indicia, the indicia date trumps any other date you find.

tojphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tojphantom

@pikahyper said:

@tojphantom: That area with the copyright stuff is the indicia, the indicia date trumps any other date you find.

Okay cool thanks thats good to know.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

I like how the OP was gone for almost a year.
BB