Image Sources

Peteparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Peteparker

I couldn't find the exact place to post this, but since it's an Editing and Tools idea, and not really a bug, here is where it ended up, in the hopes that the ComicVine gods will see fit to implement it.

Many times while browsing the site, I'll see an image of a character that I don't recognize the source, and I often find myself asking, "Where is this picture from?"  It would seem with CV's extremely user-friendly search functions, it wouldn't be difficult to ask this question to the original uploader at the time of it being uploaded.  If the uploader didn't know, a 'don't know' answer would be fine, and then other editors could go through the 'unknown source' stack of images and try to locate their origins.  

So many aspects of comic books are linked elsewhere, and it would seem that the natural link between an image and where it was taken from is the only thing I've been able to find missing on this site.

Is there any way we can look into adding this feature?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I see where you're coming from, and I like the idea.  However, right now I upload & use the 'caption' to add an issue's title & number.  Every now & then I still get people leaving me a comment asking where an image came from, but because I have my notifications set up to PM me when I receive a comment on an image, I can see that & answer a.s.a.p. 

Hopefully it's something that can be implemented in future, but in the meantime we'll have to use the captions & comments (the old fashioned way :)