#1 Edited by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, some people seem to be a little unsure on how to successfully create alternate accounts, so here's a guide for it.  I strongly recommend that you keep this open in a tab if you're about to create an alt, but aren't 100% sure how to. 

• Make sure the name you want to use isn't already occupied.
    For instance, suppose you want an account called _The_Wanderer_, check  http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/_the_wanderer_/  to see if you arrive on someone's profile page (replace the _the_wanderer_ sequence in the URL with your desired name, of course). If you do, it's already taken. If it's not, then carry on.
    Currently, the only characters one can put in your username are the standard letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9) and underscore ( _ ).
  • Create/find an email address to use I'd suggest a Gmail one.
    Note:  You cannot use the same address for more than one account. 
  • Do all of the following in the same browser session. (Should work flawlessly in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, provided you follow the instructions. If you ignore the instructions and do this all in different browsers/sessions, you could risk getting your username in all lower caps, if that's not what you want.)
  • Log out. 
  • Go here:  https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/signup/?from_site=comic-vine 
  • Choose Free (unless you want to pay for it obviously...but I don't have any guide for that).
  • Enter the username with the capitalization as you want it.  Fill in the other info correctly, then click "Finish".
  • Now, open your email account in a new tab (NOT in a new browser for God's sake, I cannot stress this enough), and click the confirmation link.
  • Now you have two options: "Manage Account." and "Comic Vine".  Choose "Comic Vine". (An error screen might appear, but just try reloading CV and log in as usual.)

And there you should have it.     
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

You're awesome, Wando! ^_^

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Pinned

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Pinned "
Was gonna suggest that ^_^
#5 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice :)

#6 Posted by Digifiend (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange. I already had a Giant Bomb account (username Digifiend with a capital D) and when I linked it to the other Whiskey sites, I was given the username digifiend (lower case d!). Looks like that's another way to get an unwanted all lower case username. I assume it's because I didn't create all the accounts in the same session - the GB account was set up several months earlier.

#7 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@digifiend: Yeah, creating a Whiskey Media account from an already existing multipass (hence created in a different session) will cause the name to be all lower case.
#8 Posted by Digifiend (580 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: Thanks. I'd been wondering why that had happened for months.
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Pinned "
Was going to do that 

Excellent work Wandy!!!!!!!!!!!
#10 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@~The Wanderer~: @.Mistress Redhead.: @Digifiend: @Mercy_:

I haven't received a confirmation link to my email. What do I do?

m99

#11 Posted by Izaiah (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99
Hmm..have you tried to see if you might be able to log into the account anyway?
#12 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah said:

@majestic99: Hmm..have you tried to see if you might be able to log into the account anyway?

I have.....it keeps asking me to check for the confirmation email I haven't gotten.

m99

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, now I can join Comic Vine :)
BB

#14 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Don't you have a separate account, god spawn?

m99

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Don't you have a separate account, god spawn?

m99

lol no