Okay, some people seem to be a little unsure on how to successfully create alternate accounts, so here's a guide for it. I strongly recommend that you keep this open in a tab if you're about to create an alt, but aren't 100% sure how to.
- Make sure the name you want to use isn't already occupied.
For instance, suppose you want an account called _The_Wanderer_, check http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/_the_wanderer_/ to see if you arrive on someone's profile page (replace the _the_wanderer_ sequence in the URL with your desired name, of course). If you do, it's already taken. If it's not, then carry on.
Currently, the only characters one can put in your username are the standard letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9) and underscore ( _ ).
- Create/find an email address to use I'd suggest a Gmail one.
Note: You cannot use the same address for more than one account.
- Do all of the following in the same browser session. (Should work flawlessly in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, provided you follow the instructions. If you ignore the instructions and do this all in different browsers/sessions, you could risk getting your username in all lower caps, if that's not what you want.)
- Log out.
- Go here: https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/signup/?from_site=comic-vine
- Choose Free (unless you want to pay for it obviously...but I don't have any guide for that).
- Enter the username with the capitalization as you want it. Fill in the other info correctly, then click "Finish".
- Now, open your email account in a new tab (NOT in a new browser for God's sake, I cannot stress this enough), and click the confirmation link.
- Now you have two options: "Manage Account." and "Comic Vine". Choose "Comic Vine". (An error screen might appear, but just try reloading CV and log in as usual.)
And there you should have it.