#1 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to add a character called Jillian. She is a marvel character and a member of the Neyaphem. The problem i'm having is there is already a marvel character called Jillian so how can i add this character if she has only ever gone by this name?

I've added all the other members and it'd be really annoying if i couldn't add her.

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to the team page

Click Members on the left hand side.

Then click edit and it will say add member. Type in Jillian and it will say its Jillian a marvel character, just add it.

#3 Posted by fesak (7034 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

But its a different jillian character, i want to create a page for this other jillian and then add her to the neyaphem. Sorry i didn't explain that right.

#5 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry i didn't illustrate the issue properly.

I want to create a page for a character called Jillian. She's a marvel character and isn't on the site at the moment. My problem is a character of the same name and publisher already exists on the site and as the name is only a first name and not a title(i.e Robin) it doesn't make sense to put her on that page with this other character. So i want to know how i can go about adding a character who's character name is already on the site and who hasn't went by any other name's. I tried to format her name and add the character as this "Jillian(Neyaphem)" but it was rejected and i considered "Jillian of the Neyaphem" but that sounds too much like a grand title as she was only a footsoldier and was never referred to by this name.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Just add her as Jillian. As far as I know there's nothing stopping you from making two characters of the same name. Of course, I've never needed to try.

#7 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the site (or the mods) give each new character a unique identifier that means if two exist with the same name (e.g. Spike) the pages won't get mixed up.

#8 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's just for character's of the same name with different publishers, i don't we're allowed add character's of the same name with the same publisher.

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

SolthesunGod says:

"I think that's just for character's of the same name with different publishers, i don't we're allowed add character's of the same name with the same publisher."

It's fine if they're unrelated and just happen to have the same name. Try it.

#10 Posted by Shatterstar (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea its fine, there's already multiple pages for the same name but unrelated characters, mostly for Marvel (who really could've benefited from buying a filing cabinet at some point to keep track of characters they've already created, its ridiculous how often they've used the same names for unrelated characters).

The staff wants 1 page for characters like Kangaroo I & Kangaroo II, the 5 different Robins, Ultron 1-15, etc. If they've got nothing to do with each other, then make a new page, for instance Basilisk the evil monster villain should have a separate page from Basilisk the X-character.

#11 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay thanks guys appreciate it. Thanks for the help. ",

#12 Posted by fesak (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"Yea its fine, there's already multiple pages for the same name but unrelated characters, mostly for Marvel (who really could've benefited from buying a filing cabinet at some point to keep track of characters they've already created, its ridiculous how often they've used the same names for unrelated characters).The staff wants 1 page for characters like Kangaroo I & Kangaroo II, the 5 different Robins, Ultron 1-15, etc. If they've got nothing to do with each other, then make a new page, for instance Basilisk the evil monster villain should have a separate page from Basilisk the X-character."

I saw that there will be a new character called Prodigy in the WWH: Gamma Corps series. It must be the tenth Prodigy so far. How hard can it be to come up with new names?

#13 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

There are tons of Marvel Boys and Destroyers too.

#14 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

SolthesunGod says:

"Okay thanks guys appreciate it. Thanks for the help. ","

If at all possible, when your character gets accepted, put a picture of her as soon as possible. That way there's less chance of hers getting mixed up.

Also does one of the Jillians have a last name? Sometimes you have to research around, sometimes it may be only be mentioned on one panel.

#15 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not familiar with the other Jillian i have no clue who she is so i can't really look her up the page was just a stub the other Jillian didn't have another surname. Too be honest Jillian was an unlikely enough name for the character. Put up the page as just Jillian and it was fine i mis-interpreted the rules about posting, thanks for help.