• 181 results
#151 Posted by Digifiend (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Spotted a problem. The show pages have a listing for Publisher, this should be changed to Production Company for TV shows. The Simpsons had Bongo listed, but the comic book publisher has nothing to do with the TV show, the production companies being Gracie Films and 20th Century Fox.

#152 Posted by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

@digifiend: I think this is because we aren't adding non-comic info to the wiki. It's just like non-comic characters aren't added despite being in a comic-based episode. This could be changed, though. But then it would be adding Cartoon Network and a ton more to the site that we don't necessarily need for comic info.

#153 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@digifiend: Ren's right, production companies should not be added, instead you would add the publisher that published the comic that allows the show to be added.

#154 Posted by takashichea (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: @razzatazz

Sorry for the 2 month bump, I read through the guidelines and the posts to see if anyone discuss about plot summaries.

I was wondering if there are rules regarding plot summaries, manga/anime differences, quotes, and such. If Anime Vice wasn't lagging (since March 20), I would provide a link for you guys. With the end of Screened, my teammates ask me to check out Comic Vine if they allowed plot summaries to be transferred. The bulk of our work is mainly episode summaries and character pages.

Thank you for you time.

#155 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@takashichea: quotes are not really allowed, official text should be in italics and there aren't any manga/anime plot summary differences that I can think of.

As for transferring content it is the same as I told you via PM, still have to avoid plagiarism even if it is the same writer.

#156 Edited by takashichea (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

Yeah, I know. We supposed to delete the summaries back in Anime Vice if should that time of site closure comes first. Just wanted to make preparations ahead of time.

If Anime Vice wasn't lagging, I'll give you an example.

Example of Anime and Manga Differences

• Any significant changes in how characters are killed. Sometimes, anime is censored more than manga. Ex: In the manga, Shuda is stabbed in the chest. In the anime, a silhouette of him being stabbed is shown.
  • Changes in the storyline. In Magi, Hakuryuu's arm is cut off after clearing the dungeon for the manga. In the anime, his arm is cut off in the dungeon for the anime.

#157 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@takashichea: your plot summaries should be specific to the medium it happened in so any anime specific info should be on the episode pages and manga specific info on the volume pages, the only place where both types of info can be included would be on like character/team pages.

#158 Posted by takashichea (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

I see then. I guess we could put the anime/manga differences in the story arc pages.

#159 Edited by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@takashichea: if it is a legitimate story arc, official ones don't seem to be all that common in anime/manga. I'd still think it would be better off on character/team pages just like how we treat differences in comics/movies/tv.

#160 Posted by takashichea (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

Understood then. I'll take a look at those pages and take some snapshots. I'll tell that to my teammates once Anime Vice stops lagging. Thank you, PikaHyper.

#161 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@takashichea: np, once the editors get the hang of the formatting it shouldn't be a difficult transition since we aren't that different, so far all but one AV editor that has come over here (that I know of) has had a pretty smooth transition.

#162 Posted by fables87 (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you add TV specials to the site? Like I add Robot Chicken on here a few weeks back because every episode has a comic book reference, but wondering how should I add the specials? Like the Star Wars and DC Comic specials they have done?

#163 Edited by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: hmm I've never watched RC but looking at the episode guides it looks like there are 10 specials, for those types I would say add them to the main RC series page and use Sxx as the numbering, 'S' for Special followed by a two digit episode numbering going in order of release starting at 01. From what I know about RC I'd say it is borderline for being allowed so giving all the specials their own series page just seems needlessly cluttering, much better to keep everything in one spot.

If specials come up in the future they should be decided on on a case by case basis.

#164 Edited by fables87 (1033 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio
#166 Edited by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that Robot Chicken is allowed, as my interpretation of the rules is that there has to be a comic specific to the series. But I'm not the moderator and can only give my two cents. And there they are.

*end of my X35-like rant...

#167 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: well they have done the RC themed variants and it is somewhat linked to Toyfare and Wizard from the old days, they are kinda like Mad.

#168 Posted by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Series are getting out of control.

#169 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: I just cleaned up a bunch and I'll get more when I wake up.

#170 Posted by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio
#171 Edited by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio
#172 Posted by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Wishbone? MythQuest? Really?

#173 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: contacted the user and the shows are on my list

#174 Edited by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking of adding a couple of Lego Star Wars series but most of them only have 3-5 episodes a program. Should I put them all under one title or separate them? As one series is just called Lego Star Wars and the other Is Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles.

Also, while browsing through the series wiki I came across a public domain series under a different publisher and should be deleted.

#175 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: only Lego Star Wars I know of are mini-movies.

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys had a number of comic mini-series years ago from Topps, Xena also had a bunch from multiple publishers.

#176 Posted by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: only Lego Star Wars I know of are mini-movies.

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys had a number of comic mini-series years ago from Topps, Xena also had a bunch from multiple publishers.

I didn't realise that the Hercules show has a comic counterpart (my bad). I just did a search and the mini-movies(The Yoda Chronicles) aired on Cartoon Network last year as a 5 episode series.

#177 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: they probably split them up just for TV, I've got the Yoda Chronicles dvd around here somewhere and its just a movie and I recently watched two other Lego Star Wars mini-movies, we wouldn't need multiple entries just the primary ones.

#178 Edited by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: they probably split them up just for TV, I've got the Yoda Chronicles dvd around here somewhere and its just a movie and I recently watched two other Lego Star Wars mini-movies, we wouldn't need multiple entries just the primary ones.

Right ok, So should I put them in the movies wiki seeing as they are movies? Also could you delete The Pink Panther Show I just added as I cant seem to find a solid airing date for any of the episodes.

#179 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: ya just make sure you confirm each one first, use imdb. As for Pink Panther not having dates isn't a good reason to delete it, I'm sure they'll get filled in.

#180 Posted by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: ya just make sure you confirm each one first, use imdb. As for Pink Panther not having dates isn't a good reason to delete it, I'm sure they'll get filled in.

What do you mean by confirm?

#181 Posted by pikahyper (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: look online to make sure it was first released as a movie and wasn't a mini-series or special first.

#182 Posted by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: look online to make sure it was first released as a movie and wasn't a mini-series or special first.

Right ok, thanks for the help