#1 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a reason why a lot of graphic novels/TBPs that collect the same volume of comics are not in the same volume themselves? For example: the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic TBPs all occupy separate volumes. Is there a reason for this or can I put them all into one volume?

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: No they go in as separate volumes, because that is how they are released by the publishing companies. With very few exceptions that is how we enter volumes, as based on the companies.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Thanks. I was just thinking it might make things a little easier but if its part of the system then its all good :)

#4 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: What editors often do is to provide links in the description box for the monthly volume with links to any TPBs. I can find you an example if you like.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Yeah, I've just begun working on linking them all together :)

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Ok good stuff

#7 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: I didn't want to make another question thread so soon so I decided to put in here.

Basically, theres a semi-sentient droid called the Basilisk War Droid used by Mandalorians in the Old Republic era. It already has a character page but I wasn't sure whether it should be a character or a droid given its only semi sentient. Should I leave it as a character or make a new object?

EDIT: Just to clarify, it needs a rider to function properly.

#8 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Hmm, it depends on sentience level I guess. Would you say the intelligence is at least animal like?

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Yes, it has been described as animal-like intelligence.

#10 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: You know this stuff better than I do, but I think character fits. I will give you the final call though.

#11 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Thinking about it, I'll probably leave it. They seem to be more intelligent than some characters on here. Sorry about that, it turned out to be a pretty pointless question :)

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Its all right, sometimes it helps to see the question as opposed to just thinking it

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio

Some trades are all in the same volume. It depends on the series.
BB

#14 Posted by pikahyper (10352 posts) - - Show Bio

and the publisher

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio

True :p
BB