GI Joe 155 1/2

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yumulu

I was wondering if this free comic book day release needs a new volume being that it will not be published by marvel but under the IDW banner & that the original run ended 16 years ago.

Or because this new ongoing series keep the numbering of the old one, the same author & correct me if I am wrong seems to start where the story ended 16 years ago we should keep it in the same volume as the original run?  

Or the issue is actually posted somewhere on the site and I just didn't found it yet.

No Caption Provided
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jamesewelch

I just uploaded this a little bit ago (maybe 20-40 minutes ago). The indica says 155 1/2 (we can't do fractions here, so I just used 0.5). Since it's a different publisher, I thought it would work better as a different volume, but I didn't put Volume 3 in the volume title, since it's just listed as GI JOE: A Real America Hero.

It's here GI Joe: Real America Hero

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yumulu
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jamesewelch
@Yumulu said:
" @aztek the lost:  The first issue actually refer to this cover "
Yeah, Issue 155 1/2 is Cobra Commander ripping off the cover of #1 from Marvel's run. I'm surprised Marvel let them use their cover for this.
Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yumulu
@jamesewelch:  Maybe they felt generous on Free Comic Book day or it could have been hasbro propriety ... but am stretching it a little
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jamesewelch
@Yumulu:

Yeah, the good news seem to be that there'll be a #156 soon, too. At least that what I remember from skimming the letters in the back from Larry Hama. I haven't read the entire issue yet.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

It was a great issue

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yumulu
@jamesewelch:  Yes it was announced to come out in July 2010 and I was really surprised by this issue, specially because it was the only free comic left in my LCS
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jamesewelch
@Yumulu: 

It was the opposite at my LCS. I got there about 2-3 hours after they opened and they had already gone through the first stack of them. He had to dig through the boxes to find more. There was also a bunch of guys with stands outside selling G.I. Joe stuff from the action figures, planes, boats, and even that large aircraft carrier. All of those figures and even that big aircraft carrier brought back memories of my 1980s... There were like 10 guys selling GI Joe stuff there and wearing GI Joe shirts.