Free web-based comic book collection app

ultralord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultralord

I built a web-based comic book collection app using the comic-vine APIs as a primary data source.

Check it out at http://www.comics-exchange.com/application

It's free to use and you can create a collection, create a wishlist and find other users that have issues that you want.

It's in beta testing, so please provide feedback if you run into any issues, or if it is missing features that you would like to see.

Thanks to the Whiskey Media guys for making the API available!

J Henry    

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By IrishX

It's a good idea but I don't know if it's much different than ComicVineyard.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@ultralord:  Very nice, not a big fan of everything opening in modal windows though, if you're interested in some UI/workflow alternative ideas let me know.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_
@IrishX said:
" It's a good idea but I don't know if it's much different than ComicVineyard. "
I'd say that a main and notable difference is that this one allows you to search volumes through the app, as opposed to compiling them in lists. 

@ultralord: It doesn't seem to be entirely up to date. Just perusing through the Uncanny X-Men issues, it only goes up to issue 514, whereas Uncanny is currently at issue 536
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress:  good catch DH, that is bizarre, doesn't seem to pull anything after October of '09. It should be getting the data straight from CV since it uses the API, I wonder if Whiskey limits the data you can pull so the newest data can't be used.