Fixing Nick Fury's page.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

So since it's been established for a few years now. Shouldn't all of the information/images of black Nick Fury be removed from Nick Fury Sr's page and be moved to Nick Fury Jr's page since it's been made clear that white Nick Fury is the father of black Nick Fury.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@teerack: having a black alt Nick Fury doesn't necessarily mean he is Jr., the Ultimate and Cinematic versions are Sr.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: having a black alt Nick Fury doesn't necessarily mean he is Jr., the Ultimate and Cinematic versions are Sr.

That's acutely not true since Nick Fury in the movies was identified as Nicolas Fury J. by his secret computer so it's pretty safe to assume the movie version is also a Jr.'

In the Ultimate comics Nick Fury also mentioned his dad fought and severed with captain america. It wouldn't be hard to believe that Nick Fury Sr. was the one who fought with Cap.

It lines up too perfectly to not be the the same guy.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@teerack: Fury, Nicholas J. That was how it went. As in Nicolas J. Fury. Military just begins with the last name when using paperwork or super spy computers...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Fury, Nicholas J. That was how it went. As in Nicolas J. Fury. Military just begins with the last name when using paperwork or super spy computers...

Okay, but how is the movie and Ultimate version of Fury more Nick Fury Sr. then Nick Fury Jr. tho... his whole introduction was to alien with the movies.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Well the movie and Ult U have continuity altered from the start.

Ult Nick Fury has always been black. Since he debuted in the pages of Ultimate X-Men. He has looked like Sam Jackson since the Ultimates. 616 just wanted to bring things closer in line, and I guess they felt the easiest way to do that was to have Nick Jr.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ult Nick Fury has always been black. Since he debuted in the pages of Ultimate X-Men. He has looked like Sam Jackson since the Ultimates. 616 just wanted to bring things closer in line, and I guess they felt the easiest way to do that was to have Nick Jr.

Fun Trivia Fact: IIRC Ult Nick Fury actually first appeared as white in the early books. He later appeared as a African American Male with no explanation. It wasn't until years later when dealing with American separatists that they tossed out an explanation that it was an image inducer. It was kind of like how Tony Stark's original Ult history didn't align up with later stories. They explained it as an inaccurate tv show based on his life.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@risingbean said:

Yeah so what that shows us is Nick Fury Sr. isn't the fury Ultimate/Movie Fury is an alternate version of because other wise they wouldn't need to introduce Jr. His name was Nick Fury so everyone just assumes its the same guy, but now that Jr is here it makes a lot more sense.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Well There is no Junior in the movies or Ultimate U. Those guys are alternate universe takes on 616 Sr. Maybe I'm a bit lost at what you want to do, but if you want to put Ult/Movie Fury on the Jr. page instead of as alt universe takes of Sr, then that isn't correct.

@dernman: Ultimate Team Up? If so, I missed that train wreck. (To be fair, I may own it in trade, but it's canonicity is so screwball it's a waste of paper on the whole.)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

@risingbean: I believe so. That two wasn't the only thing that was changed in the Ult Universe either. It was filled with differences.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Well There is no Junior in the movies or Ultimate U. Those guys are alternate universe takes on 616 Sr. Maybe I'm a bit lost at what you want to do, but if you want to put Ult/Movie Fury on the Jr. page instead of as alt universe takes of Sr, then that isn't correct.

@dernman: Ultimate Team Up? If so, I missed that train wreck. (To be fair, I may own it in trade, but it's canonicity is so screwball it's a waste of paper on the whole.)

How is he Sr? The ones in the movie doesn't have the infinity formula, didn't find through ww2 and the cold war, he literally has nothing in common but name. So its much more likely he is just a version of Fury Jr if his dad never got the infinity formula and died.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RisingBean

@dernman: Yeah, Ultimate Team up has about as much canon going for it as an issue of Detective Comics.

@teerack He's Sr. because he isn't Jr. They altered Fury's origins (well,actually Ult Universe Fury did go through the WW2/Cold war stuff as shown in Ultimate Origins) in the movie to be more realistic.

To make it simplest, I'll go with this. 1610/Ult Nick Fury is what the movie based their take on. Ult. Nick Fury's (and by extension movie Fury as well) is analogous to Sr's role.

All the 616 stuff with hidden love children and the like? Not something that is evident in the 1610/movie canon.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pikahyper  Moderator

I'm completely with RisingBean on this, they are just alt versions of Sr., modified timelines and origins and all. Junior didn't show up until much later and people just started assuming things because of skin color and then it became easier to just go that way but it doesn't make it accurate, Junior is his own person who to my knowledge has no alternate versions yet and looks like the product of lazy writing to explain things and to placate people that can't accept a decades old white character as being black. Specifically for the Ultimate version unless they have actually called him Nick Fury Jr. or mentioned that his father who fought with Cap in WWII was also named Nick then his info should stay where it is.