#1 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a thread where you can recommend and talk about features that you would like to see on Comic Vine. Remember, that new features are rarely implemented, this is more of just a sounding-board for what you would like to see happen. 

I'll start it off. I would like to be able to search my inbox for messages from specific users, instead of having to manually browse through thousands of messages.

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

- a board showing the first 20 people to complete each quest.

- a tab for Tasks, so you can do directly to the tasks page.

these are not new features but just requests for more, Trading Views videos.

#3 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I love the Trading Views videos, as somebody who reads their comics in trades I find them very helpful.
#4 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490: I'd kinda like their to be edit, delete, and other such options under posts in pms. 
#5 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see the feature where we can put those smiley faces like on Killer Movies Forums. 

#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That would be nice.
#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

A chat box, so I can live here...permanently...

#8 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @Edamame: That would be nice. "
Indeed
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: XD
#10 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @Edamame: XD "
lol
#11 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" A chat box, so I can live here...permanently... "
Same here. 
@Caligula said:
" - a board showing the first 20 people to complete each quest.  - a tab for Tasks, so you can do directly to the tasks page.  these are not new features but just requests for more, Trading Views videos. "
They already  have those on screened and on GiantBomb, I would like to see them implemented on this site as well.
#12 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, oh, I would also like to be able to have search parameters, much like on screened. 

#13 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

The ability to favorite specific threads, not just forums, this is what I do now for them.

#14 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery: I love that idea!  
I'd like to have trades be their own category instead of just creating new volumes, that way we could link them to issue pages like we do with story arcs.
#15 Posted by Richard S! Preston (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this site would really benefit from a cross-reference feature i.e. how many have The Flash and Hawkman appeared together, that sort of thing.

Also, I'd rather these new options were put away onto some "Advanced Search" page, but that's just me.

#16 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Richard S! Preston said:
" I think this site would really benefit from a cross-reference feature i.e. how many have The Flash and Hawkman appeared together, that sort of thing.  Also, I'd rather these new options were put away onto some "Advanced Search" page, but that's just me. "
I like the cross reference idea.
#17 Posted by Shatterstar (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps include a twitter contact field on creator's pages (similar to how we have e-mail/website now).

#18 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

i want the old forum search back, it was better imo.

also i want the old forum tab back so i can easily find forums i created. instead of the ones i posted in.

#19 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shatterstar said:
" Perhaps include a twitter contact field on creator's pages (similar to how we have e-mail/website now). "
I know that that has been mentioned before and I approve (not that my approval means anything). 
@Caligula said:
" i want the old forum search back, it was better imo.  also i want the old forum tab back so i can easily find forums i created. instead of the ones i posted in. "
I still don't know how I feel about the new search function. I miss the "Possible Similar Topics" though.
#20 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Aliases section for creators, well it could actually be usefull in every categorie.

#21 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" A chat box, so I can live here...permanently... "
#22 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a breakdown of how many posts I have in each forum somewhere on my profile page.

#23 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
"i want the old forum search back, it was better imo.  also i want the old forum tab back so i can easily find forums i created. instead of the ones i posted in. "

I would like this back as well. 
#24 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of having a chat box.

#25 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Creator web links section

• Add textbox to enter creator's twitter account (and maybe even show last few tweets on page) ( see this thread for details)
  • Add textbox to enter creator's "other" web site. Some creators have both blogs and deviant art accounts, it would be nice if we could link to both

All wiki-content areas

Comic Issue pages
  • Add single text line for alternate covers to describe them. Ex: Variant cover by XXXX. or XXX cover, etc.

Forum Posts
  • Ability to tag post to multiple items. Maybe limit to 1 per content type (character, story arc, etc.). For example, if posting a thread about FrankenCastle, then it woul dbe nice to cross-tag with "Punisher" character tag and "Frankencastle" story arc tag.
#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd loveee to be able to link all of my Whiskey Media accounts.

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch: If you create it as a blog, there is a spot to type in names at the bottom. That blog will then show up on the associated page.