Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Technically, it is volume 1 since they were just continuing with the original numbering. No actual volume number is stated in the indicia. If anything, it should be its own volume, not a part of volume 3. I think it's fine how it's cataloged and it would be a lot of work and would forfeit all reviews written for the issues to delete and recreate them. 

I cannot vouch for those other volumes though, but I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say they could be wrong. Same story though, lots of work and lost reviews to move them.
JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JamesSpiring

Surely if the numbering continues from the launch instead of a later reset, it's part of the earlier volume. Really, a name change but keeping the same numbering should still be the same volume - in fact I listed DC Universe Presents and Superman Legends as a single volume because that's exactly what they are. The name change didn't trigger a reset to issue 1, unlike for example, FF replacing Fantastic Four.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@aztek the lost: Beavis voice : Are you threatening me? 

I'm willing to challenge anyone to show me the later issues after the number change having Vol. 1, 2, 3 etc in the indicia to indicate they belong in later volumes. Example: is the newest issue of Captain America labeled as CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 5 #616?

@digifiend: Name changes should be separate volumes, despite numbering. It all depends on the indicia.

Are we all at least in agreement we are to catalog everything by indicia? I do feel like all the renumbered issues should have been new volumes, since there is nothing to show that they should have been added to either the original volume or subsequent volumes. 

I also think it's stupid how they do this in the first place. As if anyone really cares what number the issue is or that's going to make the story better.
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#7  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @jloneblackheart: well, I just think the number change should be with the volume it changed from because it has the same creative team and is technically still an ongoing series not a resurrected one...really apart from skipping a few hundred issues in numbering, it's still the same series, but it's not a big deal...as long as it's all by the indicia that's fine...I just can't figure out what's up with Amazing Spider-Man where we have over a hundred issues (I think it's over 100) in there that aren't the number they are added as "
Same deal as the Fantastic Four, they really are the number they were added as but because of Marvel resetting it it showed up with the dual numbering for a while (#34) #475 (you gotta look close at the number), total pain in the ass.
rubicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By rubicon

Thanks everyone for looking at this. I didn't realize that Amazing Spider-Man also fell into this discussion(and unlike all of the examples I listed is completely merged).  I guess there really is no easy answer, I just wanted to bring it to everyones attention given the signifigance of the titles involved.