Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Darj Kurlan

Well I was about to edit this entry here:

http://www.comicvine.com/deep-six/12256/&mode=edit

I wanted to put this in his full entry:

DEEP SIX. The code name used by U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Malcolm R. Willoughby. Deep Six was born in Baltimore, Maryland, where he became known as a solitary person, spending his free time on solitaire and crossword puzzles. He eventually became a Navy diver so that "I could be alone." When Deep Six first joined the G.I. Joe team, most Joes found him to be unfriendly and gruff, but he earned their respect for his skills. Deep Six piloted the SHARC flying submarine for the Joe team, but often he served as part of the crew of various naval vessels, including the Joes' freighter, the Jane, and the WHALE hovercraft. In his first mission on the Joe team, Deep Six served as a gunner on the WHALE hovercraft in a battle against Cobra in the Florida Everglades. He and some other Joes were injured and the WHALE was damaged in a firelight. The Joes managed to patch up the hovercraft and strike back at Cobra. The other Joes were impressed by Deep Six's will to fight on after being injured. He was hospitalized for a short time after the battle. Some time later, while serving onboard the freighter Jane, Deep Six and a handful of Joes fought off Cobra Rattler jets in the middle of a stormy sea. The Joes destroyed the Rattlers, but not before the Jane had been damaged enough to sink. Deep Six and the rest of the crew boarded a life raft and were eventually rescued. A short time later, Deep Six attempted to destroy an underwater Cobra bunker in the Gulf of Mexico. When the SHARC's torpedoes didn't even scratch the concrete bunker, the Joes called in a bombing run that destroyed the bunker, but aggravated a fault line causing land to emerge from the ocean and form what would become Cobra Island. During a mission into the North Atlantic, Deep Six and several undercover Joes posed as the crew of a fishing boat. They were found out and fought Cobra and the October Guard while pretending to rescue a sunken American sub. That mission was fake as well, hiding their true mission to help a Soviet admiral defect to the United States. Deep Six transmitted false images of a submarine on the ocean floor using video equipment in his SHARC. The Joes managed to retrieve the Soviet admiral without firing a single shot. Years later, Deep Six would help fight the October Guard once again, transporting two Joes to Cobra Island to discover the Soviets' reason for staging a secret mission onto the island. Deep Six's subsequent missions for the Joes remain classified, but he stayed on the team until it was shut down in 1994. He was later called back to join the reinstated Joe team in its battle against the forces of a revived Serpentor on Cobra Island. After the Joes stopped a plot by Cobra to unleash the weapon known as the Tempest, and defeated a new threat, the Red Shadows, the military again disbanded the team. One year later, the Joe team was reformed with a smaller roster of active members. Deep Six, like most former Joes, is a reserve member of the new team.

But it says this on top of the top of the Full Description box:

Do NOT copy and paste from other sites. Plagarism is not acceptable

Sometimes plagerizing is an acceptable practice at times like now. Why can I put that discription here?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By zero edge

Because it is not an acceptable practice here.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Plagiarism is NEVER acceptable here.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ketch

Darj Kurlan says:

"Do NOT copy and paste from other sites. Plagiarism is not acceptable"
Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

With the vine, we're trying to build our own (comic based) encyclopedia. If we just copy and paste from other sites, there is no reason for people to come here, they may as well go to wikipedia or wherever the original came from.

I cannot think of one instance, even beyond here, where plagerism is ever considered acceptable.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Walkingstone

Put it into your own words, maybe make it easier to read rather than one large piece of text. If you do paraphrase it, try to make it as different as possible.

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Celestrion

Gambler says:

"Plagiarism is **NEVER** acceptable here."

Yeah thats right...

(Hey gambler when did you become a mod?)

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Celestrion

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Celestrion says:
"(Hey gambler when did you become a mod?)"
Slap me sideways and call me Susan, I hadn't noticed he'd become a mod until you mentioned it. These are the endtimes people."

I know,lol

I'm now scared to talk about gambla without him banning me(Jk I'm not scared, just not stupid:P)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think Darj Kurlan was under the impression that if you tried pasting, the site would automatically not allow it? How cool would that be? An automated plagiarism checker with built in kick-in-the-pants feature if you try doing it.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Celestrion says:

"(Hey gambler when did you become a mod?)"

Slap me sideways and call me Susan, I hadn't noticed he'd become a mod until you mentioned it.

These are the endtimes people.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Walkingstone

G-Man says:

"I think Darj Kurlan was under the impression that if you tried pasting, the site would automatically not allow it? How cool would that be? An automated plagiarism checker with built in kick-in-the-pants feature if you try doing it."

Sounds nifty to me! Where's the code guru who can scan the entire internet for all content in nanoseconds and check for plagiarism?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

Walkingstone says:

"G-Man says:
"I think Darj Kurlan was under the impression that if you tried pasting, the site would automatically not allow it? How cool would that be? An automated plagiarism checker with built in kick-in-the-pants feature if you try doing it."

Sounds nifty to me! Where's the code guru who can scan the entire internet for all content in nanoseconds and check for plagiarism?"

Maybe when we do 3.0...

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Celestrion

Walkingstone says:

"G-Man says:
Sounds nifty to me! Where's the code guru who can scan the entire internet for all content in nanoseconds and check for plagiarism?"

Well if we can change serch engines to plagengines then we have a betlol

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

G-Man says:

"I think Darj Kurlan was under the impression that if you tried pasting, the site would automatically not allow it?"

I thought about that, his text was from another website (I googled it).

G-Man says:

"How cool would that be? An automated plagiarism checker with built in kick-in-the-pants feature if you try doing it."

Sadly, I'd be tempted to plagerize to see if it worked.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By NiteFly
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By pixelized

turnitin.com teachers use it to check for plagirisam

Darj Kurlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darj Kurlan

This was my first post and it seemed that some members when down my throat. I just asked thats all.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pixelized

its delish...its far too long for me to read

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Darj Kurlan says:

"This was my first post and it seemed that some members when down my throat. I just asked thats all."

Well I posted in love, as I always do :D

We've had a lot of trouble with people plagerising on this site, despite the notices, mods warning them etc. I know for you it's an honest question, but for most of us it's a constant source of grief.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superkitty  Online

Walkingstone says:

"G-Man says:

You might not have to check everything. Maybe just pick sites like Wikipedia and the Marvel and DC databases.

Kung-Fu kitty will volunteer for the kick in the pants: