This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I often find duplicates of pages so I created this thread to post any duplicates that we find and work together to try to combine them.

Please post links with the pages

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

a few movies have dupes and their is a page for bothCosmic Rod and Cosmic Staff and they are the exact same thing, btw I think this thread might exist already

#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: I searched and didn't find one
#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
Tien / Tienshinhan

OK, so naturally the DBZ pages are horrendous. Anyone want to help me combine them?
#6 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Maestro/Hulk need to be combined

#7 Edited by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I moved all the appearances and images on to one page so this page is ready to be deleted

This page is also ready to be deleted- a dupe of Trunks

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: now, just so you understand how it works, deleting pages is a complicated process so what we moderators do when a dupe page is found is rename it dupe, then, when the staff have the time they delete every page named dupe all at once...so the best we can do is rename it dupe for now and it will be deleted at a later date
#9 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: I understand. But when we find a dupe we should try to move all issues and info over to one page, correct? What makes you chose which page gets the axe?
#10 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, then this page is ready to be renamed Dupe

#11 Posted by Dupe (1581 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @jloneblackheart: now, just so you understand how it works, deleting pages is a complicated process so what we moderators do when a dupe page is found is rename it dupe, then, when the staff have the time they delete every page named dupe all at once...so the best we can do is rename it dupe for now and it will be deleted at a later date "
Just a thought, but why not keep the 'dupe' page and when a new character needs to be added we just pm a staff member to change the name of the page to that characters name. This way you have a use for already created pages just by renaming the page. It would save work for the staff too in my opinion?
#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

we actually do that already...I and fesak have renamed hundreds of dupe pages into new pages, the problem is some pages just need to be deleted...they are kept as dupe until they can be replaced, there are hundreds of them out there already named dupe and thousands have already been deleted...we've figured out our system, what the users can do is point out dupe pages so we can get rid of them

also, we decide which one gets the axe most of the time based on which one has the most info, most dupes are pages created when the site began that no one ever edited so it's easy to get rid of them, others are chosen because they were created second or because they have less effort put in, etc.

anyways, on your original post, both Moloids and Subterraneans are dupes...it's a team, not a character so once you've made a team page let me know and I'll name them both dupe

#13 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: OK, Subterraneans is now a team and is linked to all issues after 1,000,00 clicks.

These are the duplicates #1 #2
#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

ha! I just got through 1,000,00 clicks with the Cosmic Staff/Cosmic Rod thing which has now been fixed...and I just took care of those two dupe pages so I think everything in this thread so far has now been solved?

#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

oh and I think for now Maestro is supposed to have his own page, I'm not too sure on that one, fesak is the expert on those sort of things so he should probably be asked about that one

#16 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Yeah looks like everything but I made this thread as a for all time duplicate page. I'm sure I will find more and I'll be back. If you need any help from me let me know I'd be happy to help.
#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: I know it's for all-time and I approve, there used to be a whole board for this stuff but it got removed...and later this week I might post some pages that need appearances switched over that I don't have time for but right now I got to go have lunch, work, etc.
#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

here's a potential "dupe" so I figured I'd bring it up, Dot Matrix, anyone know if there ever was a ReBoot comic?

#19 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: I found some evidence that a web comic was made but the website is under construction or something http://www.reboot.com/. From what I can tell it was last year some time and is called ReBoot: Paradigm's Lost. I'm not a fan, I just did a quick search.

#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, well I'll have to look into that when I'm off work though we want printed comics documented on our site rather than online comics...any schmoe can make an online comic
#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: I have decided to leave them on here for now then, I'll get more into all that stuff when I'm on a character-removing spree, but for now...if you'd like to help, these two pages need to be remade as team pages and I don't have the interest in doing it myself:

Beagle Brats

Klingons
#23 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Well I created Klingons as a team before I noticed there already is one called Klingon Empire. I removed all issues from Klingons (character) and replaced everything with Klingon Empire

So now there are two pages that need to be renamed Dupe

Klingons (character)
Klingons (team)
#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Hmm, I thought I had searched Klingon, that page must have popped up after I found the Klingons dupe page all those months back, anyways, it's been taken care of, thanks for your help
#25 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know DC well but these pages seem to be the same

Hush
Tommy Elliot

Let me know if I'm wrong. If not, any DC person wanna take this on?

#26 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I don't know DC well but these pages seem to be the same

Hush
Tommy ElliotLet me know if I'm wrong. If not, any DC person wanna take this on? "
Tommy Elliot was the dupe, most of the pages he was attached to already had Hush attached so I just removed him from them
#27 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: you're the man
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

well technically Sentinels is a team. that sure is a lot of issues to change. I can start changing them over but some help might be appreciated.

before i do, do we all agree it should be a team, not a character?

#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: That's always been my problem.  I'd have cleaned out one of the pages earlier & swapped the images to the other... but which one??
#31 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I just talked to Aztek and he says it should be the team. So we need to move all the appearances from the character page to the team page. are you going to help or you want the whole task? I know you are the big X-Men fan.
#32 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Sentinels is done. this is the dupe.
#33 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @aztek the lost: Sentinels is done. this is the dupe. "
done!
#34 Posted by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

found this character - Shokker, and I suspect it's just a fan-fic. As it is in X-Men team and Night Class some team from manga Vampire Knight. Plus he confesses in one of his blogs, that the character is his creation blog.

#35 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@KillerZ said:
"found this character - Shokker, and I suspect it's just a fan-fic. As it is in X-Men team and Night Class some team from manga Vampire Knight. Plus he confesses in one of his blogs, that the character is his creation blog. "

renamed it dupe...you wouldn't happen to have any insight on all his other pages that have no apperances would you...I can't tell if they're official or not
#36 Posted by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @KillerZ said:
"found this character - Shokker, and I suspect it's just a fan-fic. As it is in X-Men team and Night Class some team from manga Vampire Knight. Plus he confesses in one of his blogs, that the character is his creation blog. "
renamed it dupe...you wouldn't happen to have any insight on all his other pages that have no apperances would you...I can't tell if they're official or not "
Nope, don't know about others, Shokker was the most suspicious of them all..
#37 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a dupe, images and appearances are all done

#39 Posted by Kyle C (96 posts) - - Show Bio
This issue needs to be removed from the volume.

The correct page for it is here
#40 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about the Inhumans but these two appear to be the same character, at least from the picture

Flugron
Avia

#41 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

This is also a dupe and it's ready to go

#42 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I don't know much about the Inhumans but these two appear to be the same character, at least from the picture

Flugron
Avia "
took care of the Bounty (and that Gargan? 5 thing) but this one I don't know too much about it, I could always research it but that takes time
#43 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't know either. And it's Ganger, and I just got to the issue with the creator of them. This is why I usually read 20 issues THEN edit. Bounty was my other mistake today. Really, the one I created was the dupe but I already edited it and got 150 points for it. It wouldn't be fair for me to get double points and use the original. The person who made the original hasn't been on since 2008 and didn't do anything besides create the page for 8 points.

#44 Posted by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are few similar huge pages, but I'm not the right person to decide if one needs to be gone.

Skrulls - team
Skrull - concept
Shi'ar - team
Shi'ar - concept

#45 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

well those definitely need to be teams, I don't know about concept though

#46 Posted by SpookyThoughts (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a dupe and it's all ready to go

#48 Posted by SpookyThoughts (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Took care of the latest stuff. Also i say we delete the Skrull and Shiar concept pages unless someone has a really good reason not to.
Still need to check up on Flugron/Avia. 
Remind us if we miss something.

#50 Edited by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Found Top 10 dupes: volume and team, renamed the volume to Dupe already.

Edit: actually can the dupe team be renamed to Gunmen. It's a character page at the moment, and it should be a team instead ( Gunmen char).

And we have a dupe in Lone Gunmen form, also a char, there already is a team page.