#1 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

If you find any duplicates or something that just needs deleting please post a request here in the following format:

Item to Delete, reason to delete.

Links should always be included for the object to be deleted and the original if it is a dupe.

We can now delete any page type so don't be shy.

Images can be deleted for any of the following reasons:

• Incorrect cover was used
  • No cover was added
  • Duplicate images were added
  • Scanned artwork, comic pages or pre-release images were used
  • Watermarks
  • A better quality image has been added and the old one needs to be removed

Please include a link to the specific issue you are requesting for, if there are multiple from the same volume then you can link to the volume and include a list of the issue numbers needing removals. Linking to the specific image is not acceptable.

Also if you need to request a better cover be added for something you can do so here as well.

#2 Posted by IanBeale (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Dupe:

http://www.comicvine.com/2000-ad-summer-special/4050-59029/

It's already created as 2000AD Super Comic.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
@ianbeale said:

Dupe:

http://www.comicvine.com/2000-ad-summer-special/4050-59029/

It's already created as 2000AD Super Comic.

I'm not seeing a 2000AD Super Comic volume, can you link to the one to keep as well please.

#5 Edited by Digifiend (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the 2000AD Supercomic volume: http://www.comicvine.com/2000ad-supercomic/4050-43353/ It looks like someone already deleted the summer special volume.

I have a deletion request of my own, if you can delete forum threads. Looking at the first page of the Delete/Combine forum, everything except Reporting Dupes and Spider-Woman needs to be deleted. A lot of threads on the second page need to go too. Anything with 0 posts.

#6 Posted by bbqsauce (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I have four images of Iron Man in my gallery and I can't find a way to delete them all. I just want it as my avatar picture. Help please!

#7 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@bbqsauce: hit the edit tags button in your gallery and click each image to delete, in the bottom left corner there will be a widget and one of the buttons will say delete.

#8 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the 2000AD Supercomic volume: http://www.comicvine.com/2000ad-supercomic/4050-43353/ It looks like someone already deleted the summer special volume.

I have a deletion request of my own, if you can delete forum threads. Looking at the first page of the Delete/Combine forum, everything except Reporting Dupes and Spider-Woman needs to be deleted. A lot of threads on the second page need to go too. Anything with 0 posts.

I'm honestly not sure why regular users can see that board again but I've asked the engineers about it and hopefully it will disappear again.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

Dupes. One with Kyle and one with the word ass in a bubble.

Or is there a way for regular users to remove pics from galleries?

BB

#12 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: ah, I think you need like a certain amount of points on a page to remove the images. hadn't noticed regular users couldn't remove images, kinda limiting, guess this thread will get a lot more traffic then I anticipated. I'll remove the images.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: ah, I think you need like a certain amount of points on a page to remove the images.

I have over 300k...

BB

#14 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

Tried on Constantine's page in which I have over 1k and I can just set backgrounds.

BB

#16 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: trial and error until things settle down and we can update guides and help pages and such.

#17 Edited by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Renchamp (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Jedi, Gray Jedi, and Rule of Two all need to be deleted. Each page has been inserted in the new Star Wars concept page (though it may not be renamed yet.) The pictures have been uploaded to the new page so they don't need to be salvaged.

#24 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: did what I could but there is some kind of weird glitch on those three and I can't delete them, oddly enough hitting delete on those three pages deleted the wiki history on them but not the actual pages, I'll report them to the engineers.

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Renchamp (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

@renchamp: did what I could but there is some kind of weird glitch on those three and I can't delete them, oddly enough hitting delete on those three pages deleted the wiki history on them but not the actual pages, I'll report them to the engineers.

I got some odd 500 error pages while editing those pages into oblivion, but all the edits went through so I figured it was just new site growing pains. Galactic Basic and Order 66 also needs deletion.

#29 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Covers from Elektra #1-13 and #-1.

#30 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: done, in the future it would help if you showed example images so I know what I'm looking for

@hoobson: done

@renchamp: deleted the first, second is locked

@x35: done

#31 Posted by Roekon (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I accidently uploaded the alternate cover of Dynagirl #8 twice. One of them can be deleted. Thanks!

#32 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: like I don't do enough of that already in these threads, visual request requires visual examples :P

#37 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper:

Just checked the galleries...you set the pic as Dave's default pic instead of deleting it :s

BB

#38 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

:p

Stumbled upon Chuck Beckum. It's a dupe of Chuck Austen (lol @ the description...). I removed all the issues from him. Feel free to delete it.

BB

#40 Posted by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@wmwadeii: no clue, I've mentioned it to the engineers so hopefully it will disappear again.

#46 Posted by Hoobson (237 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Kirtai (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by pikahyper (12487 posts) - - Show Bio