Deadpool #900 might be in wrong volume

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jamesewelch

The first issue of Deadpool Team-Up (issue #900) is in the Deadpool volume instead of its own volume. The first issue is called "Deadpool", but issue #2 (which is #899, they count backwards) will be called Deadpool Team-Up. This #900 issue is like issue #0. Issue #899 will be issue #1 of the Deadpool Team-Up series.

Should issue #900 be listed along side the future #899, #898, etc. or should it stay in the other volume?

http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool-900th-commemorative-issue/37-176023/ 

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=13270 

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=13569

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

This volume is in the right place. It is part of the current Deadpool volume.

cold_fuzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cold_fuzion

Marvel and voluming is not a fun topic to tackle. They seem to have lost all of their senses in that regard.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

Deadpool Team-Up is a new ongoing series.  Although the numbering counts down from Deadpool 900, it is a very different series.  At first it seemed that Marvel were poking fun at themselves for renumbering volumes (like Incredible Hulk, Daredevil & X-Factor).  But now they just seem to be losing the plot completely.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wonder if we should enter this like Countdown To Final Crisis, where the first issue would be #1 here but we'd add #899 in the title.  I dunno...

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jamesewelch

Maybe you can convience the Comic-Vine programmers to add a field to the Comic Volume table to set allow rendering either ascending or descending?  :)

And just for further clarification on opening topic, the indexia did say "Deadpool" on the #900 issue. So it was in the correct location to begin with. I was just a bit confused over where the official volume name came from. I've read over the debate thread (masthead/cover vs indexia vs everything else).

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By HaloKing343

I do not think that it is part of the current deadpool volume. This is part of the "teamup" volume.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jamesewelch

@HaloKing343, that's what I initially thought as well - because of the numbering. But I think this is more of a Deadpool Annual type issue. I think the Team-Up team borrowed the numbering system from the #900 idea and ran with it as a different volume. Although, I do think it would be easier to find it next to #899, #898, etc. but technically, I'd say it should probably go wherever the indexia states.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have a feeling Deadpool Team-Up would be its own volume.  I think Deadpool just got hold of some time travel device and we're really seeing issues from the future.